Difference between the PTC 9.5" and the PTC 10" converter

oddiesGN

I'm in the process of upgrading my car with the 206/210 roller cam, fmic, 80# injectors and the 6262 turbo. I will be needing a new converter and its between the 9.5" and the 10" both are PTC. What are the difference between the two besides the size and weight? I would guess the 9.5" is better, but why and do I need it with my set-up or is the 10" good for what I need? I want the stall speed to be 3000 and I think that it needs to be a LU converter because I think that my new transmission was built for a LU converter. Car will be daily driver with some 1/8th mile racing, would like to be in the low 7's if that matters in choosing a stall.
Thanks.

The difference is the 9.5 is looser down low and tighter up top than the 10" and it's a non lock. This means better spool-up and better efficiency than the 10". If your ultimate goal is low 7's in the 1/8 you can get away with the 10". Low 7's is usually my cut-off for the 10". Somone looking to run 6's can benefit from the 9.5. You can call me a 256-303-5387 if you need some help choosing.