Difference between TA-60 and stock?

86TType

Slick 86 T-type
I going to buy a ta 60 and i was wondering whats the difference between a ta 60 and the stock turbo? And will that ta60 work with my stock injectors? And would i see a big difference between it and the stocker?

There is quite a bit of difference. To take advantage of the 60 you will need injectors, 50lbs, and a 3200 stall torque converter. Or go with a TA49. Still would need injectors but could run stock torque conveter if you wanted to.

Sweet6 said:
There is quite a bit of difference. To take advantage of the 60 you will need injectors, 50lbs, and a 3200 stall torque converter. Or go with a TA49. Still would need injectors but could run stock torque conveter if you wanted to.

what is the differance between the TA 60 and the TE60 more hp same or do i neeed to change the stall

GNBUICK87 said:
what is the differance between the TA 60 and the TE60 more hp same or do i neeed to change the stall

TA60...Stock Appearing with bolted inlet bell, TE60 non-Stock Apearing with full 3" Inlet...No Bell.

Might be 5-10hp difference between the two, with the TE getting the increase,based on the more effecient cover inlet.

On stock injectors and stock converter would i still be able to tell the difference between the stocker? the reason why i am going to a ta 60 my cousin is going to sell it to me for $350 but his combo is different than mine the reason why i am asking....

But for now what if i dont get new injectors right now is it ok to put it on......It prolly will be a month or two before i can get the injectors.....

Sure you can put it on and run stock boost with a good chip and fuel.

You probably will see a ****ping 10-15 HP increase there too, and you probably couldn't tell the difference at the same pump gas boost levels, excepting for the increased lag with the TA60 you probably will feel that.

Bigger turbos need high boost to shine over the stocker, probably over 20 before the bigger TA60 will really outdo the stocker so you can feel it on the butt dyno.

Your scantool(s) should tell you when you get lean.