Diesel truck runs 12.14 @119mph.... *Video*

My trusty calculator says that to run 119.78 MPH in the quarter mile with a 6,200 truck it will take 832 horse at the rear wheels and 981 horse at the flywheel.

Jack,

my calculator says that boy (Dodge-dually) is moving !
Not bad for a 64-6700 lb. freight-train, huh !:cool:

Great clip "brick", you can find them, alright !;)

for some reason i cant download the video, anyone know where it came from?

what brand truck is it?

Originally posted by Jack Evers
My trusty calculator says that to run 119.78 MPH in the quarter mile with a 6,200 truck it will take 832 horse at the rear wheels and 981 horse at the flywheel.

Yeah but I'd be curious to see how much torque that thing is making?? I'll guess it would max out the dyno with 1200+rwtq:eek:

Roy, have you ever ran your '02 Cummins Diesel at the track?
I know Wayne's Cummins Diesel truck ran low 13's at Bradenton with all of the bolt-on stuff he has done to it.....

Quick6, I got this video from this website------>

http://www.theclashofthetitans.com/vids/cat.asp?iCat=4

And from the looks of the vid it is a Dodge Cummins Diesel truck.......

I would geuss that the guy in that dodge has surprised som people.....................LOL

That is definately moving:eek: for a sled like that.

Wow that's something. Wonder how he stops it:eek:

My Uncle has one we have been messing with. Changed injectors, Turbo and some other goodies. They are allot of fun to play with. Problem is we keep cooking Transmissions. :D :D

Re: hey NJ

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
how does Danielle like the T

She loves it. I am doing some TLC on it to get it running sweet. I stole it for $6200.00.:eek: ;)

She likes the Harley better, must be the vibration. :D :D

Hope your wife is doing better. :)

Ive read on www.bullydog.com that they have a Duramax making right at 800whp and over 1400ft#'s. Thats not too bad for a 6.6 that redlines at 3300rpm!:eek: I recently bought a Duramax and I will say it moves out quick. Of course I just love to hear it whistle to! what can I say, I love turbos. Its funny with Ford and Dodge making these supertrucks(lightning,SRT) Chevy comes out with that lame "SS"awd even the dealers around here hate it ,and call it a slug! HEll just put the Duramax with the allison 5spd in a standard cab 1500 shortbox supertune it and Viola! A chevy supertruck, my duramax HD2500 Crew cab can run 0-60 in about 8sec flat stock.Bullydog has a programmer to boost it another 150HP and 250ft#'s over stock!! Hmmm does the money go to the GN or HD? decisions decisions:D
Oh BTW Chevy got it down on the trans too! That allison is the Shiznit they gave it a standard 100000 mile warranty it even has a manual converter clutch lock up too(like all of us did with the stock GN converter). Not to mention the 14bolt posi rear w/t 33spline axles:eek:

That truck weighs 8000 pounds at the least. My old Dodge with the 5 speed was 7980 pounds, and that truck was an auto tranny rig which weighs more. I can say this, NEVER underestimate the power of a CUMMINS! Sad thing for me is that truck runs as fast/quick as my TTA did recently:(

Originally posted by LikeMy6
Ive read on www.bullydog.com that they have a Duramax making right at 800whp and over 1400ft#'s. Thats not too bad for a 6.6 that redlines at 3300rpm!:eek: I recently bought a Duramax and I will say it moves out quick. Of course I just love to hear it whistle to! what can I say, I love turbos. Its funny with Ford and Dodge making these supertrucks(lightning,SRT) Chevy comes out with that lame "SS"awd even the dealers around here hate it ,and call it a slug! HEll just put the Duramax with the allison 5spd in a standard cab 1500 shortbox supertune it and Viola! A chevy supertruck, my duramax HD2500 Crew cab can run 0-60 in about 8sec flat stock.Bullydog has a programmer to boost it another 150HP and 250ft#'s over stock!! Hmmm does the money go to the GN or HD? decisions decisions:D
Oh BTW Chevy got it down on the trans too! That allison is the Shiznit they gave it a standard 100000 mile warranty it even has a manual converter clutch lock up too(like all of us did with the stock GN converter). Not to mention the 14bolt posi rear w/t 33spline axles:eek:

Read your warrantee. The Allison transmission does NOT have a 100000 mile warrantee. Just the Engine has that standard. I don't think Chevy's warrantee differs from 03 GMC.

I also like my truck, BUT Cummins and Ford seem to be ahead of the game on mods and reliablilty at this point. I am hoping that our fellow GM/Isuzu friends did well, but time will tell with the aluminum heads IMHO and the Bosch common rail injection.

Warranty

Ted,
I am just going by what the Dealership told me when I bought it last month. There is a backorder on owner manuals so I didnt get one I tried checking online to find out, but to no avail. When I was looking at purchasing the extended warranty The sales Manager told me the truck had a standard 100000 mile Drivetrain warranty. So thats all I have to go on. You might be right, I cant argue because I have nothing that says otherwise.

Frank

I have actually ridden in the BullyDog truck ... it's Michael's (one of the owners).

It's a 4 DOOR and it has their 250HP "chip", N2O, Propane, HUGE exhaust, DVD player, etc, etc, etc. It was featured on the TNN show "Trucks" as well.

Very impressive and we went out and did some "testing" on a back road by their shop. Had to do it from a roll, since it'd smoke all four tires from a stop.

Incredible "slam your head into the headrest" type of instant torque! I wasn't prepared for that! :) Biggest problem is that the transmission slips and then the PCM cuts the fuel to motor to protect it. He has to roll into the throttle to keep from overrunning the trans.

Phillip (one of the other brothers that own BullyDog) has a Dodge that has been dyno'ed at over 800 HP and has run 12.0x at the track. It too was suffering from transmission troubles when we were there. Seems you can make the HP and then you have to spend the $$$ to beef up the transmissions. Sound familar to the Turbo Buick crowd? :) :)