dies under heavy acceleration

Fuzzy

The T is cutting out at heavy acceleration. It happened two times under WOT. There is no knock on the Scanmaster. The second time it threw 4 codes: 21, 22, 13, and 42. The service engine light came on. Code 42 is C.C. coil ignition. I immediately back off the throttle and everything seems fine. I stopped, shutdown the car and let is cool down a little. There is no service engine light on at re-start, but the codes are still in the Scanmaster memory. Everything else seems fine. The car has a new fuel pump, APFR, and plug wires. Do I have a bad coil ingnitiion module? Bad crank sensor?

Make sure the passenger side header is not shorting on the positive battery cable. Many of us have had this happen, causing the symptoms you described.

I just had a very similer problem. Mine was caused by the weather pack conector, off the positive battery cable, that supplies the ECM's power. The wire going into it was broken inside the insulation. Just another thought.

I checked the positive battery cable and it seemed OK. Also checked the TPS across the entire range with directscan and did not see any problems. Replaced the coil and the ignition module with new units. Gone WOT a few times and everything is OK. I noticed that my battery voltage is about .5 higher that before (13-13.5 vs. 12.5 to 13). Could a weak coil pack have greater electrical resistance causing the voltage in the entire system to drop? I hope this solved the problem but probably need more run time to be sure.

Originally posted by 1970gsx
Make sure the passenger side header is not shorting on the positive battery cable. Many of us have had this happen, causing the symptoms you described.

This is what it sounds like to me too.... 21-22 are TPS hi/low, 13 is O2, 42 is EST. Sounds like a pos cable prob, or gnd prob.

I'd say MAF but those codes dont support the diagnosis. UNless theres a couple problems.