Did TTA carry the 1LE aluminum spare?

They are black aluminum spares. Only used in the TTA's. Might want to check again! Even tho it's black don't mean it's steel! :cool:

Ha, I've had my car for almost 7 years and I don't think I've ever even opened the spare tire compartment to know ...may be some body parts stuffed in there from the previous owner for all I know :D

I had the black aluminum inflatable. It looked like the steel one.
TTA#1186

Thank you! And you guys thought I was nuts! :eek: Better check maybe someone took the aluminum one out of all your cars! Or you just never saw an aluminum spare painted black. :confused: But they all came that way and only the TTA. Was due to weight issues. I've been trying to get 89tta.com and host it myself because that site had all the documents on this kinda stuff and it's gone. Maybe one day it will be back. :D

The spare was not a TTA specific item. All 1989 Y84 cars, that includes all GTA's and TTA's had the N64 Spare Wheel and Tire, Aluminum Space Saver. Also most 1988, 1990, 1991, and 1992 GTA's had the same N64 black aluminum spare.

The spare was not a TTA specific item. All 1989 Y84 cars, that includes all GTA's and TTA's had the N64 Spare Wheel and Tire, Aluminum Space Saver. Also most 1988, 1990, 1991, and 1992 GTA's had the same N64 black aluminum spare.

Correct, but it came with every TTA.

I've seen black ones that weren't aluminum as well. It's not out of the realm of possibility that GM ran out of something yet again when these cars were assembled.....

I've seen black ones that weren't aluminum as well. It's not out of the realm of possibility that GM ran out of something yet again when these cars were assembled.....

Yes there were black ones that werent alum, but the black alum ones are supposed to be the only ones that will fit over the 89-92(and 88 1LE)rear brakes. Yup it's the rear calipers that were the problem, not the front like many belive. For example the supposed 1LE spare(alum 10 spoke), will fit over the 1LE front calipers but wont fit over the 89 and up rear calipers.

If the car came with rear disc brakes, which all 1989 Y84 cars did, then it had to have the black alum spare or it wouldnt have fit.