Did I get hosed?

castillo

Just purchased a 87 GN for $17,500
28K miles some rust at undercarriage(from Chicago no hole or anything that severe), lean condition at WOT(and idle) and some leaks at valve covers other than that car looks great

first time GN buyer wanted a GN soooo bad my best judgments weren't used
any feedback appreciated

btw
any thoughts on the lean condition

Not the right forum for this, but I'll try to help. Normally, the frame is going to have surface rust if the car was driven at all. If a car sits and isn't driven, you're going to run into things like leaky valve covers and oil pan gaskets when you start to put some miles on it. As for the lean condition, keep in mind that even though the car has low miles, the injectors, pump, andn possibly the fuel filter are still 20 years old. Sounds like a good price for that mileage.

Hope that helps.

ARE YOU HAPPY?- CAN YOU AFFORD IT?

if you answered yes to both than NO you didnt get hosed

Yes you might be able to fine one cheaper BUT maybe not as nice as yours [dont know for sure because you didnt post pix] but go back to the top and read once more..... Just my 2cents though:eek: :biggrin:

Just make sure that is 28K and not 128K!

If right mileage I'd say pretty good deal!

get a scantool and see whats up... It could just need a new O2 or IAC, leaks are common with a low milage car thats 20 years old..

Kinda sorta the right forum.

Its about the value of the car, probably get the best replies in this section cause everyone here in this forum "kinda" know what they are dealing with on our cars value.

Just depends if its storage rust, or scaley rust on the frame and floor pans,post a picture, email and i can put it up.

Ive seen them go for more with those miles, so id say you did pretty good :biggrin:

BW

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

all for the information very helpful

sorry if not the right forum

I did a ton of research on GNs, checked carfax miles ok I can afford it and I am happy. Wanted a second opinion because I purchased this vehicle on the fact that I have wanted one so bad.

thank you again for all the information (on lean condition) and for your 2cents any more information is appreciated

will post pix when I get a chants

If you've researched GN's, then I'm sure you know to upgrade the fuel pump and wiring to it. If it "pops" at WOT, could also be the coil pack. Sounds like a good price, though.