DFW: Charity back roads cruise to drive in (CRL) 10/24 4:30pm-7:30pm

Torque Overhaul

It's time again to "Cruise for a Reason," except we will be heading south to the drive in theater.
When-Saturday Oct 24th

For-Families who have children with special needs

Time- 4:30-7:30pm for those not wanting to attend the drive in

Driver meeting- 4:45pm

Where- Cedar Valley College, 3030 N Dallas Ave, Lancaster, TX‎ 75134

Registeration Fee- Give what you can *A $10 min. donation is required if wanting a copy of directions that will list speed limits and cautionary roads*. If a driver opts to not donate then he/she will cruise behind the CRL caboose.

Movie price- As it stands right now your double feature will run $6 per person. You may either tune in with your radio for sound or opt to use their speaker box
The cruise will be roughly 50 miles starting in Lancaster and working our way to Garrett Tx(North of Ennis) for a drive in movie. The roads will be driving will be backroads and farm roads. If you enjoy driving your vehicle on backroads through twists, turns, and straightaways, this cruise is for you.

Quick Pix Shoot- As always a Larry Maupin will be present to take 5 shots of your car. This will take place with in the first 10-15 minutes of the cruise in a cemetary. The cost for this is $10 and is optional. If there is a funeral(doubtful as most happen in am) then the photoshoot will move to the drive in.

The first half will be a somewhat scenic route with some curves
Midpoint we will stop at a gas station for snacks, rr, and drinks.
Second half will be nice open roads with few curves and great scenary!
As always the spirited group will lead the way and the 2nd line will be those wanting a more relaxed cruise. :thumbsup1:

2 ways are highly encouraged
I will post any further details as I figure them out. As always proceeds from the cruise will go to help local families that have children with special needs.

Please be aware some of the roads are bumpy and will require low speeds. If you have an extremely lowered vehicle, drive at your own risk

We had 2 gorgeous Grand Nationals show up for our spring cruise and we hope to match that or better yet surpass that this year! I can easily block off spots for you guys if desired. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday.

I you have any questions please visit DFW Charity Racing or feel free to contactl me at 972-816-7019.

Thanks
Jonathan

Thanks for posting, these are fun! The LSPBC will be having it's Speedzone event same day :( sorry. Have a good time! We will hook up next time...

sorry

but i scored 6 tickets to the fall nationals at ennis. never been other then driving by so looking forward to going. have a few extra tickets if anyone's interested and they do come with pit passes. i really want to come out to a few meets and introduce myself to some local buick guys. hope to see you guys soon as i have tons of questions and want to drool on your cars as they are probably in better shape then my car.