DFW area engine gurus

DRKSYD

Just curious as to who you guys would consider to be good for a mild engine buildup I hope to be doing within the next year. My GN is over 100k now and the oil pressure is less than what I would like and I hate to start doing more mods on a high mileage engine which has been raced quite a bit before I think. It used to belong to Byron Bennett from Alabama in case some of you might speak Mustang :p I have heard Adi @ Richardson Imports is good with these cars but never really heard about whether he builds engines or just tunes on them. Anyway I hope everyone has a safe new years.

Brad

Adi can build you the engine. Just give him a call, good guy! I also heard of Billy Duke in the Ft. Worth area. Maybe someone else can chime in and give you their opinions.

Dannyo

I've been using Wayne Calvert at Calvert Racing Engines in Denton for all my work. He is pretty reasonably priced and has done a few stage and stock block engines so I have confidence in his abilities.

Wayne Calvert is the man as far as machine work, balancing, blue printing, etc....He built a 265 V8 for my Dad's '58 'vette back in the early 70's. It was a bada$$ motor. He was turning 12.10's with that little motor. It was balanced perfectly.

You could get Wayne to do the machine work and get Adi to build it. That would be a great motor for sure.

I STRONGLY recommend Billy Duke.

I had ADI build me engine and transmission. Unfortunately the engine lasted around 3500 miles and I/We went through 7 transmissions. :mad:
yes 1.2.3.4.5.6.---->7 transmissions between Late January - Late July. 7th one was free.

Had the car towed to Mr. Duke shop when the free one went out on me. Mr. Duke is a very professional and knows what is talking about. One look at the turbo in his car will convice you that he is 'badass'.

engine rebuild

If you are in Paris. Adger Smith at Performance Engine and Parts in Texarkana has done many turbo motors for me including my Stage motor. He might be alittle closer and knows how to machine a turbo motor. Just my input. He can be reached at 903-794-7223...