DFI Street abilities ????

straycat990

Anyone here been able to get a GEN 6 DFI to run large injectors? I am considering using a gen 6 with 90 pph injectors; can a DFI been leaned out enough to make the engine idle with these injectors? I really need to be able to have a nice idle quaility since this is going to be used on the street more than it is used on the track.

David

I was using a batch fire Gen 6 ecu to control 85# injectors. I couldn't get much leaner than 12.5:1 at idle. I had to keep the idle speed at 1000 RPM.

I switched over to BS3 Gen 3 and I can idle all day long at 14:1 as low as 800 RPM. Based on my experience, I'd say the Gen 6 won't do what you want for a street application.

Dave

I agree with Dave. But there is a way to make it work.

You need a Variable Injector Controller to get those injectors to work properly.

A batch fire Gen 6 box uses one driver for every 2 injectors. When you get to anything bigger than 70 pph injectors you are pressing your luck. They wont idle well or flow well on the top end. You can burn up the drivers too.

If you get a VIC, you will have one driver per injector. It solves a lot of problems.

Good luck

Thank you for the replies ..sounds like what I am going to need is a gen 7 dfi. I have been doing some reading up on them .. seem to be the way to go. Just wondering now if it is easily upgradeable to wide band? ... that would be nice if it is just an add on feature that can be added at any time.

Wide band can be added to a gen 7 at anytime. No upgrade needed. Can be made to work with the innovative unit too.