DFI Gen 7+ Release Date?

I would know more if Mike the Tech guy on the help line would call me. Unfortunatley the owner of the store I bought it from is laid up from surgery or I'm sure I would have more help. 3 unreturned calls to the tech line. I did get a email response apologizing for the lack of response, the sender said they were busy on some project. Anyway I emailed several ??? and haven't heard back as of tonight. I'm impressed with what this setup is capable of doing, but I drive a Mopar and am adapting a "universal" Harness and need some support. Before I bought it I was advised which harness to use and told it should be no problem. Well I've pulled my Split/Second box and factory injector harness, terminated the wires off the PCM, now I'm stuck!!
Not happy about the keylock either:-(
Mike

Huh, well I am sure it is busy since so many people are talking about this new Gen 7+ system. I still dont understand what you are talking about with some keylock though???

Maybe try posting your ?'s here, there are quite a few people who have a lot of experience with the 7 on this board. Two Lane, aDFIguy, others too I'm sure...Sure there are DFI people here that will help, probably EMIC's too...

What is the Gen 7+ going to have over the regular Gen 7? Is it going to be worth the money it takes to get a Gen 7 box upgraded?

Your motor will tune easier, idle smoother, and accelerate harder with the 7+ vs. the previous version(s). If you like the way that your current system runs and feel that it is tuned right, then no, there is no real reason for you to upgrade. You can even download the new software for free and use it with your older ECM. However, if you want to lower your ETs and make a little more power, then an upgrade will help you do that.

Download the demos and the differences between the 2 systems will become obvious -- at least those that can be seen.

As far as the keylock, get used to it. Every new system, and every update that is purchased will come with one. It serves many purposes and in no way will it prevent anyone from sharing any calibration or performance data.

By the way, ALL Gen 7+ systems in the field up to this point are BETA systems. If a dealer isn't making people aware of this at the time of sale, that is a problem. Until the official release, all ECMs and all copies of the calibration software are subject to change, and all are marked as BETA products.

What is the ball park retail price figure they will be selling the Gen7+ for? Anyone have any ideas? I have a turbo small block Chevy in my Malibu that I would like to install this on.

Call Turbo People of NY at 914.478.1727...They seem to do the most sales & have the most knowledge on the products...

GNVAIR, I know of an EMIC a lot closer to you, their name is Berrel Auto Repair in Abington, PA about 14 miles from Center City Philadelphia. Their phone number is 215-659-8549. Give them a call and should be able to at least get you the latest information that is currently available. By the way, for you name droppers, this is Dale Cherry's shop.

KEEP LOOKING

Originally posted by Scott231
From Where? I've been to http://www.mrgasket.com/dfimain.html and do not even see a mention of the 7+ upgrade...much less a demo download.

Scott,

Go to the site again and download the demo Cal Map.
It may say 2002, but it downloads as Cal Map 2003.

Then, you'll be entertained & intrigued & amazed for hours of fun tweaking your combo!

Not all the commands/areas are enabled on the demo, but be sure to check out the several overlays.

I'm just an average person from the "plugs & points" days of tuning, but even I can immediately work with the Gen 7+ system!

Awesome!-------------------------------------Enjoy! :) :) :)

Whoops, guess I didn't realize the "Download here" graphic was a link.:rolleyes:

Got the Gen7plusbeta16 zip file...but it is password protected so I cannot open the files.:(

Got the calmap_2002_v2_1_3.zip file...it crapped out.:(

Then I realize the next link is the DEMO download...OMG.:D

the new revision of firmware and software should be availible from all emics by request starting now. If you currently have an older flash it IS required that you send the box back to be upgraded to 7+ and the new firmware.

Dennis
Air Flow Development

Originally posted by airflowdevelop
the new revision of firmware and software should be availible from all emics by request starting now.

Dennis Air Flow Development

Dennis,

Non-beta, final Gen 7+ release? :confused: Thanks!!

the firmware and software are in final. the firmware that you receive will be the final release. If their are any changes to the software you will be able to download them off of the DFI Calmap download site.

Thanks
Dennis
Air Flow Development

THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW!

At last...AWESOME...finally...AWESOME...such beautiful wonderful magnificent news...AWESOME...simply ecstatic here! :) :) :) :) :)

Freedom from chip burning, MAFs, band-aid add-ons, blah, blah, blah!

Free at last, free at last!! Such a relief...ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Anyone excited? LOL! :)

Re: KEEP LOOKING

Originally posted by Two Lane
I'm just an average person from the "plugs & points" days of tuning, but even I can immediately work with the Gen 7+ system!

Awesome!-------------------------------------Enjoy! :) :) :)

Thats what impressed me. Never seen anything other than the demo version of GEN 7 and installed on a mustang and was tuning right off the bat. No need for all the tech help that the FAST system seemed to require.

So does this new "fix" correct the not reading the WB02 underboost and the numerous other problems that I have heard. I was all set on a Gen VII until I started hearing all these problems that people were having.

Matt

I think they have a new type 02 that was actually made to work under boost...Sure its problems and not confusions...??? What other problems are you having? Seems like what many people are calling problems are really just there because they aren't sure of what they are doing.

Originally posted by 50Bucket
I think they have a new type 02 that was actually made to work under boost...Sure its problems and not confusions...??? What other problems are you having? Seems like what many people are calling problems are really just there because they aren't sure of what they are doing.

I am trying to decide on what system to get. After reading on TurboMustangs.com that a lot of people were having problems with the WB02 not working with over 10psi of boost. I don't have any first hand knowledge but from all the posts it seems that they know about this flaw with the Gen VII and are going to fix it. I sure as hell would be pissed if I had it on my car. I just want a super reliable, easy to use system, nothing more nothing less...

Matt

Flaw or absence of. I have been checking into the same things, getting a system for my mustang that will be eventually turbo'd...The setup they offer now is not made for a boosted application. Its not a problem, it doesnt exist. People are using them on their cars with boost, thats fine, it may work for some, but its not made to work with any...I dont think its really necessary to have a wideband though if it is tuned properly. Seems that people like to fall back on them, which is fine, but in all reality, if its tuned right its not necessary...