Devils Own Alky Kits

notacarlo

eggs are liquid chicken
I got to meet Chance of Devils Own in Noble. They have some pretty interesting products coming out. Give them a shout and ask about it!

They need beta testers in Oklahoma. Mostly import and whatnot but I'm sure a Buick can wedge in there. New nozzle technology, and progressive kit coming soon!!

Good to meet you!

DevilsOwn Injection

Whoops,

They already have a progressive kit, but there's a new on coming out.....that's what I meant.

Hmm which guy where ya, the one with the grand national :) yea I usually race but I been so busy i have not had time to play with my toys.

yea, we got quite afew things in the works. I will take some pics and put them on the net when i got things in quanity to sell.

Here is a link to the testers app. DevilsOwn Injection
Since our new controller can have such a wide varity of inputs We are needing a varity of apps. Highly desired atm are diesels and some imports.

I have been running one of thier existing progressive systems for a year and half and have gone a best of 10.70's with thier system and 93 so far. It has more in it I just need some more track time.

The only thing I don't like about devils kit is that you can't run straight methonal, because of the pump.

The only thing I don't like about devils kit is that you can't run straight methonal, because of the pump.

Thier kits use a Shurflow pump like most other kits and staright meth is fine. I have been running straight meth in mine for a year and a half with no problems.

I was the dude with Phil. 6'4", asked you for a decal before I buy one of your kits. Now that's on my F350 PSD and everyone asks me if the truck has an alcohol kit. I should of done it the other way around.

I'm Polish, forgive me.

Thier kits use a Shurflow pump like most other kits and staright meth is fine. I have been running straight meth in mine for a year and a half with no problems.

He advised us at noble not to run straight meth with his kit,thats why he sells a special mix. Also this kit is incomplete, no instructions,no base settings cheep plastic lines,crappy controller,no tank. Doesnt even compare to Alky Control kits. I know Razors kits are a little higher,but you get braided lines,tank,very good step by step instructions, and EVERYTHING to hook it up.Plus very good customer support. I know it's the same Shurflow pump,but devil doesnt recommend running straight meth:confused: atleast thats what he told me at Noble.

I know it's the same Shurflow pump

I dont want to be in this thread, but wanted to make a small correction.

No its not the same pump. Shurflo doesn't sell the pump I sell. Its a custom piece.

Have a great weekend.

J.

He advised us at noble not to run straight meth with his kit,thats why he sells a special mix. Also this kit is incomplete, no instructions,no base settings cheep plastic lines,crappy controller,no tank. Doesnt even compare to Alky Control kits. I know Razors kits are a little higher,but you get braided lines,tank,very good step by step instructions, and EVERYTHING to hook it up.Plus very good customer support. I know it's the same Shurflow pump,but devil doesnt recommend running straight meth:confused: atleast thats what he told me at Noble.

All I know is I asked him about straight meth when I bought the kit and he said it would be fine and it has been for almost 2 complete seasons. I just bought the pump and controller and did everything else myself and have about $400 total in the system including the new GM overflow I bought. As far as base settings I am not too sure about that. I simply set the intial turn on point and the max point where Eric Marshal suggested and it went 10.91 first time out with a TT chip and the alky set up. It did come with good instructions and I like the controller. I am not trying to talk you into buying one I simply made the comment that straight meth works for me.

I wasn;t looking to buy one, i just stopped and looked at devils own kits. Already have Alky control:D

I thought you did. I was just trying to clear up the misconception that you couldn't run staright meth. I knew as soon as I saw this post eventually someone would bash the system and try to compare it to an Alky Control system. Razor has a great kit and offers good customer service and I commend him for it, I just hate it that any other system mentioned here gets run down at some point or another. I am all for everyone having thier own opinions and being loyal to the products they like I just wish it didn't have to be at the expense of other products.

I just hate it that any other system mentioned here gets run down at some point or another. I am all for everyone having thier own opinions and being loyal to the products they like I just wish it didn't have to be at the expense of other products.

I let people make their own choice when I worked on these cars ... some people ran other kits ... I didn't care .. It's their car to do what ever they want to .. BUT I will tell you... when the pumps died guess what one they wanted :p I say buy whatever kit floats your boat :cool:

I thought you did. I was just trying to clear up the misconception that you couldn't run staright meth. I knew as soon as I saw this post eventually someone would bash the system and try to compare it to an Alky Control system. Razor has a great kit and offers good customer service and I commend him for it, I just hate it that any other system mentioned here gets run down at some point or another. I am all for everyone having thier own opinions and being loyal to the products they like I just wish it didn't have to be at the expense of other products.

I have been thinking the same thing here lately. This forum does seem very biased towards a particular kit. However, there are many methanol/water injection kits out there that work VERY well, i know because i have used a couple different kits on a couple different cars.

Snow performance progressive kit stage 2- Was a great kit. Had it on my 25psi vortech v-1 t-trim supercharged dodge stratus coupe. Used it for 2 years with only one little problem... a controller mishap once that involved a continuous flow of methanol...I noticed the light had stuck on after i let off, 02's went wayyyy rich and my car bogged out.... so i cut power and then just disconnected the controller....nothing major and they replaced the controller free of charge.

Aquamist 2s Progressive kit- These kits are just plain awesome. My dad has one on his f-350 Diesel. A little pricey, but you definetly get what you pay for. Programmable alky/water injection maps via laptop (this is a SICK feature!!!!!!), numerous diagnostic devices to detect all sorts of things (from clogged nozzles, torn water lines, etc). IMHO, the best injection kit out there.

Never tried a Devil's Own kit... but have heard some great things....

I guess it all comes down to one thing.... easy support on these boards.

The reason i got a Razor kit is not because i think it is the best (because there are more superior kits out there, IMHO), its because of the ease of support i can get on the boards from Julio and the fact that a majority of the people on this board have it.

I could have easily taken the Snow performance kit off of my previous project and installed it on my buick. I dont think there is anything "special" about the Razor kit that sets it apart from the rest and makes it superior by any means.... in fact, i beleive the Aquamist system is the most superior kit out there (all be it, pricey). 5 of my buick buddies have the kit and that kind of sent me in razor's direction. Help with installation, dialing the kit in, etc etc was a peice of cake because i have 5 people readily available to ask questions.

Razors kit has brought a few people into the 9's on pump gas with this platform, but thats not to say i dont doubt other kits could do the same (or better).

And lets not forget that water injection is nothing new. Water injection was used back in WW2 in fighter planes to increase power during dogfights (although injection only lasted a few minutes).

Again, this is not an attack on anyone by any means... ;)

karst#9 said:
He advised us at noble not to run straight meth with his kit,thats why he sells a special mix. Also this kit is incomplete, no instructions,no base settings cheep plastic lines,crappy controller,no tank. Doesnt even compare to Alky Control kits. I know Razors kits are a little higher,but you get braided lines,tank,very good step by step instructions, and EVERYTHING to hook it up.Plus very good customer support. I know it's the same Shurflow pump,but devil doesnt recommend running straight meth atleast thats what he told me at Noble.

Well, just to play devil's advocate (no punn intended :D), people have complained about the quality of the instructions with Razor's kit. Also... cheap plastic lines? They are Polyethylene lines...lots of kits use these lines because they are flexible yet very kink resistent and can be used with many different kinds of fuels. There is nothing wrong with it. The plastic junctions many companies use are also resistent against fuel permeability, and are extremely easy to install. The price of these lines is the only thing that is cheap because polymers are pretty easy to make nowadays. The price of stainless steel is ever so increasing as days go on.

He advised us at noble not to run straight meth with his kit

I think somehow you miss under stood me.

Us and the other 2 largest water injection compays buy our pumps directly thur shurflo with meth compatible parts already done up. It just makes since to buy direct. Have 1/2 the amount of money in pump and not have to spend man hours modding something that can be bought and already done and q.c. goes up. From what my sells rep tells me between all 3 of us we go thru over 20,000 pumps a year. It takes some serious buying power to get shurflo to take you serious. But we wanted a quality item so we steped up to a custom pump after coolingmist got shurflo to make the bases of the meth pump. Then snow came along very shortly after.

Now shurflo stands on our toes about telling people they can use 100% meth. If we tell people to run 100% meth our account will be yanked, and we will be forced to buy pump thur where alkycontroll does and switch out the pressure switch, Valve, cam,etc. This would kill us as we make our money selling in bulk. We did this for awhile when we where smaller. Now alkycontrol does not buy direct so he does not have shurflo standing on his toes. He can market them as use 100% meth, which is a great selling point.

We see too many inconsistencies with the way they are built and catch many assembly mistakes made in their process to put them together.

Not saying we dont make mistakes, but we needed this aspect to be under some control.. and the volume issue I understand.. but our market simply keeps us moving forward trying to deliver the best product we can make. To me personally, a DOA pump when initially installed cannot be risked. This would be the greatest failure of a product.

Not to say the customer doesnt put gasoline or trash in his system.. this I have seen many times.. I cannot control this.

The customer has his/her choices to make. It simply costs money to spend extra time on things. Whether worth it or not, it is the consumers choice. Just like the hoses and fittings... whether chemically compatible or not.. or even a low level sending unit.. or a vehicle specific custom installation manual.. its about time and resources.

Julio