detent cable

QwuickTurbo6

what are the proper procedures for adjusting the detent cable?
what happens if you set it up too firm??? I've got mine pulled back towards the firewall almost as far as it will go. I'm using a TPS booster to keep my WOT voltage up around 4.6.

thanks for that link. that helps. I'm still wondering what negative consequences are of too firm of an adjustment. I know that too soft will damage the transmission. is it possible to go too firm?

thanks for that link. that helps. I'm still wondering what negative consequences are of too firm of an adjustment. I know that too soft will damage the transmission. is it possible to go too firm?

Your right too firm/tight would be better than loose. Tight cable may cause hard part throttle shifts & bang going from Park to D or R since it would be increasing TV line pressure before actually being needed.

You wont be able to way over adjust it.When you hit the gas pedal to full throttle it will just click back to the correct setting.You usually can get away with a couple of notches back without it resetting.

Should be noted that going too tight can prevent true WOT which is why you need the TPS booster. By having it too tight all you are doing is making it hit max pressure sooner which is basically only affecting part throttle. It will have no effect on full throttle. There are better ways to tune your part throttle. The ideal setting for the tv cable is for it to max out at the instant it hits WOT. If it's way too tight it will ratchet itself outward but it can still prevent true WOT.