Dennis = bad ass :-D

im faster

so i go to court today for my wreckless op ticket should have been a year suspension.. but talked my way out with nothing.... woot go me....

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the Scanmaster - my BLM's are either 108, or 150+, and the car will either run fine (BLM 108) or crappy (BLM 150). Still have a FP gauge? I'm wondering if my FPR is on the fritz, or I have an intermittant leaky injector.

Whatever it is, I have an intermittant problem of something. :confused:

pvt num 11 said:
Glad to hear it! Thanks for the Scanmaster - my BLM's are either 108, or 150+, and the car will either run fine (BLM 108) or crappy (BLM 150). Still have a FP gauge? I'm wondering if my FPR is on the fritz, or I have an intermittant leaky injector.

Whatever it is, I have an intermittant problem of something. :confused:

Uhhhh...isn't 128 stoich :confused:

Well, .450 O2 volts is stoich (if I understand it right), which is around what I'm getting - at least with the BLM's at 105. INT couts were 120-something. BLM's stayed at 105 ALL DAY yesterday. Is that the lower limit, or what? Other then that, the car ran really well, it was actually fun to drive. No knock, no stumbling, good throttle response, boost came on nicely :cool: - but then again, I've never driven a stock TTA in good running condition, so I'm not 100% positive that my car runs as well as it's supposed to. I may go drive around today, if I get a chance, just to see what sort of numbers it gives me. Shoot, maybe my car needs a Scanmaster plugged into it so it runs good, iunno. :confused:

Dennis, I'm busy all day today and Sunday, but maybe I can come get it Monday or something...? Is it just a gage that plugs into the fuel rail test port, or what?

Oh, drat on the gage. Shoot me a PM when you get back in.

Good to hear that your car is running again, what fixed it?

pvt num 11 said:
Well, .450 O2 volts is stoich (if I understand it right), which is around what I'm getting - at least with the BLM's at 105. INT couts were 120-something. BLM's stayed at 105 ALL DAY yesterday.

First of all if the said vehicle is purty much bone stock with no mods...then it could be someting mechanical or a sensor failing. i.e. exhaust leak, vac leak, leaky injector etc. etc.

As far as the datascan... After the ECM makes the correction, that's when you should see .450 O2 volts as you've stated. AFAIK and somebody correct me if I'm wrong...you should be seeing 126-130 BLMs during idle and cruise. Since you're seeing 105, the ECM is pulling fuel out for a rich condition. Problem with this is that when the ECM sees x% throttle vs. x kpa, it enters Power Enrichment (PE) mode also known as WOT. When it does this, the ECM locks the Volumetric Effieciency tables at 128 and starts to add fuel based on the PE table.

Using your case for i.e...ECM is pulling fuel out to make it read 105 BLMs, mash the throttle and the ECM returns the BLMs to 128 putting that fuel back that it took out. So now it's back to pig rich and the ECM adds even more fuel using the PE tables. Clear as mud, right!!!

Is 105 the lowest possible reading for BLM? This morning it started out as 114 or so, but went right to 105 pretty quickly. Acceleration, the BLM's go up some, not much, but I've yet to do a WOT run on my car ever since I got it. Close, but never wide-open.

KENNE-BILL said:
I believe 90 is bottom for BLM's (rich). Here is a link for what normal values are, it lists BLM's as 118-138. Now someone correct me if I'm wrong:), isn't it supposed to be 118-128?
http://www.gnttype.org/maint/quickref.html

lol I should've dropped my disclaimer...NOT my project!!! I've spent little time learning '747 ECMs (TBI) and then shifted to '730 ('90-'92 SD F-body) since been told, it would work better for my n/a project.

I'd say 128 is stoich but I wonda... maybe in a boosted application, you'd want it slightly on the rich side and not dead on stoich. Hate to have it go lean on ya when the boost kicks in!!! :biggrin:

I still get Code 45 when I let off every now and then. Runs a whole bunch better, I'm wondering if it was the gas I was using - Chevron went with adding Ethanol not too long ago (and coincidentally, my problems started), and I put some Aloha (or whatever 7-11 in Waipahu, Farrington by the dealerships) in it just recently, that didn't have the E10 sticker. Poof, car runs better. Still not 100%, shoot, it never was since I bought it, but I'll take what I can get, y'know?

As long as the BLM's can go LOWER then the 105 I'm always getting, I'm not going to lose a bunch of sleep, I still have room on the chip for furthur correction if need be. I'd be happier with 128 or so, naturally. Anyone else have a fuel pressure gauge? Perhaps I have a leaky injector that's screwing things up somewhat, I'd like to see how long the fuel rail maintains pressure - if it's supposed to.

Shucks - I don't have pier access anymore. Used to, though, but that was when I was in Logistics and did magazine trips and pier-side inspections and picked up TMD's and all that other boring stuff. Last time I had pier-access was way back in 2001, if I remember right...