Delayed shifting.

Matt

On the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts the rpms will get really high (almost 5000) while giving very very little throttle. The 2-3 shift isn't as bad as the first as in the revs won't get too high. When it would normally shift and the rpms begin to climb the car kind of just falls out. It's like it's in neutral while the the rpms are climbing and it isn't shifting. Anything??

hrmm

It is normal to "neutral" if it doesnt shift into the next gear in OD or D. Basically no OR clutch. As for your problem either TV valve is stuck or govenor spring is missing.

That's probably it (tv cable). It's raining so I haven't gotten a chance to mess. Thought I'd ask. We'll see tomorrow.

thanks

I adjusted the TV cable on my T last weekend for the first time since I've owned it. I pulled it as far forward as I could. I really couldn't believe the difference in the shifts. It used to shift pretty easy & wasn't very noticeable at all. Now, there's a little hardness when it shifts & the 2-3 shift takes alot longer compared to before. It will get up to around 4000rpm before it will catch 3rd, & sometimes it won't do it unless I let off of the gas a bit. This happens on city driving at around 50mph.

Should it "hang" in 2nd gear like that at lower speeds? Should I back off of the TV cable some more? Maybe I pulled it too far forward. I'd appreciate your advice.:)

Carolina..

You got it. Set it at this point to where you feel comfortable. You are close tho, enjoy!