Deer season is nearly here...

benoitthegr8

Sociopathic TR Ownership
I've been spending time down at the hunting lease getting things in order for hunting season. I spent 3 years in Japan and had/have a ton of work to do on some areas I liked to hunt, one area was completely overgrown and I had to resort to the chainsaw. The problem is the other guys hunt the known productive areas on the lease, we have a back 40 that's litterally on the other side of the tracks and since I'd left for Japan it's gone unhunted and overgrown. Anyway, who else is out there gearing up and doing the necessary work to get ready for hunting?

The pond's less than 100 Yards in front of my front door and all I need to do now is put the bait out.:D Been cleaning broken limbs and trees all summer so I've got a great view and a straight shot.;)

Apple trees are full and acorns aplenty.Still got to get out and trim some branches.The field was mowed last month to give fresh growth time to grow.I don't have the same feeling about hunting like I use to.Guess its cause of the age thing.Thats why I only shoot certain size bucks.My dog is the only one that eats the meat.NO you cant be my dog.:)

Have lspent months, looking for a lease for less than $2k within 50 miles. Finally just gave up.

Turbo Buicks,Hunting, and fishing!!!! If I could sell wild game and fish for a living to support my buick habit I'd quit my job!!!

Last edited:
What's a guy to do!?!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 115
Apple trees are full and acorns aplenty.Still got to get out and trim some branches.The field was mowed last month to give fresh growth time to grow.I don't have the same feeling about hunting like I use to.Guess its cause of the age thing.Thats why I only shoot certain size bucks.My dog is the only one that eats the meat.NO you cant be my dog.:)

I got like than for about the last decade or dozen years, I've finally got the itch to spend time in the woods again. It's kind of weird, it's like this book of knowledge from 20+ years of hunting just opened up and I realized if I put it to use I might do well this year, maybe not. My friend lives in Missouri not to far from Iowa. I've been spending a majority of my time hunting there (10 days to a week) and it spoiled me. Anyway, they have decent deer in NC and hopefully I'll take one or two off the lease this season. I know what you mean about being selective about what you shoot, I wish all the other guys on the lease felt that way.

Bathroom P1000358.JPG
1st pic from my bathroom

BUCK OAKP1000458.JPG

from my front porch
Picture 007.jpg
Peanut Butter Bread Scruffy 4.JPG

All pictures taken from inside the house except for the one in the driveway - The Deer Whisperer LOL
P1000350.JPG

Living RoomP1000413.JPG

getting ready gonna hit up the archery range this week. been seeing some nice bucks on the island haven't been upstate yet but I go in blind every year since its not my property. just love to get out of the city and get into the woods

Amazing season is almost here already. I'm not even close to being done with summer yet. My oldest son (9) wants to go on the youth hunt that starts Sept 19th. Lots to do between now and then. I've been running two cameras for the last two months and have not seen much. Good luck to everyone and have fun. Be safe.

Longball if you ever need your herd thinned let me know... But seriously, where do you live, beautiful deer pics BTW, unfortunately due to hunting pressure in this state you'll never get that close to a squirrel let alone deer.

View attachment 261898 1st pic from my bathroom

View attachment 261899
from my front porch
View attachment 261901 View attachment 261903

All pictures taken from inside the house except for the one in the driveway - The Deer Whisperer LOLView attachment 261904
View attachment 261900
Cool pics, you must not have dogs! Lol. My stupid hounds run them off the property, unless they are eating the garden then they are welcome apparently.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not deer, but these moose were about 150 yards from the house a few weeks back, dang phone just couldnt zoom any closer.
1f1053780aa1567c1832285ed5a94109.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Longball if you ever need your herd thinned let me know... But seriously, where do you live, beautiful deer pics BTW, unfortunately due to hunting pressure in this state you'll never get that close to a squirrel let alone deer.

I live in the state Capital - Albany, NY. I don't hunt - it seems like during hunting season all the deer come to my yard (88 acres of posted property). I guess they feel safe there! I have let my friends who hunt selectively cull the herd -
for a price - I get half the meat or no deal!

House P1000334.JPG

I came on here to see some of Longball's pictures of deer.... Because I've been out for archery season 4 times already and I haven't seen anything in the woods :(

2 does at 200 yards and that's it, been really hot and it's rained for the last week, start of the seasons been sucking. Hope any of my fellow hunters are having better luck than were are in NC.

My season is on hold at the moment because we got invaded.:mad: Had some feral hogs move in the area so I have to track those bastards down to let the deer come back.:cautious: It's amazing what 8 hogs can do to a property at night.:sick: