Decisions decisions

Fink1974

Hello everybody my name is Sean I am knew to this forum and have been trying to learn as much as I can about these awesome cars . I have always wanted one and ended out getting ahold of a 1984 T-Type although it has a salvage title I still wanted it . It was a theft recovery front clip, hood, trunk lid, all the interior except for the dash and were all stolen but everything is there it is just mismatched. It has the wrong MAF on it so it runs, just not as good as it should . That being said I have put a new gas tank with a walboro 255 fuel pump with the hotwire kit now just have to install the fuel pressure gauge and the fuel pressure regulator . I also got 86 87 ECM and other things I want to get for it . But backing up to the MAF I want to get the Big Mouth cold air kit with the LS1 MAF and Translator and Scanmaster. The thing that keeps going through my mind is I have read do one mod at a time which I understand and makes perfect sense but should I throw money away and get the 84-85 MAF run it for a short time knowing that I would like to get the LS1 MAF, or is it even worth getting the LS1 MAF. Just looking for some advice and greatly appreciate your time. Thank you!

Do you have a scanmaster or some type of scan tool?

Make sure you replace all vacuum lines and that theyre hooked up properly.

I run a lt1 maf with a basic translator. Just keep reading the stickies, and get as much info as you can before you even floor the car.

Get a boost gauge as well.

Do you have a scanmaster or some type of scan tool?

Make sure you replace all vacuum lines and that theyre hooked up properly.

I run a lt1 maf with a basic translator. Just keep reading the stickies, and get as much info as you can before you even floor the car.

Get a boost gauge as well.
Thank you very much for getting back to me. No I don't have a Scanmaster but I am ordering one as we speak and a boost gauge is on my list as well actually I might just get all gauges since I have the digital dash and would like to be able to monitor more .I also have found the previous owner and want to ask if there has been anything done to it that is if he will talk to me since I'm basically going into this blind . Thanks again for your time!

Thank you very much for getting back to me. No I don't have a Scanmaster but I am ordering one as we speak and a boost gauge is on my list as well actually I might just get all gauges since I have the digital dash and would like to be able to monitor more .I also have found the previous owner and want to ask if there has been anything done to it that is if he will talk to me since I'm basically going into this blind . Thanks again for your time!
Post pics of the engine bay, pull the ecm and see if there is a aftermarket chip or if it's all stock. Also I have a good stock maf somewhere in my garage I recently converted to an 86/87 set up so I have a few things for the 84/85 if you need but it sounds like your off to a good start. At least it RUNS!!!

Post pics of the engine bay, pull the ecm and see if there is a aftermarket chip or if it's all stock. Also I have a good stock maf somewhere in my garage I recently converted to an 86/87 set up so I have a few things for the 84/85 if you need but it sounds like your off to a good start. At least it RUNS!!!
I will take some pictures this afternoon and look at the ecm thank you all very much for your help it is greatly appreciated!

20160602_181200.jpg
20160602_181200.jpg

I will take some pictures this afternoon and look at the ecm thank you all very much for your help it is greatly appreciated!

Here ya go also here are the chips that were in the ECM

Here are the chis I'm assuming they are stock

Looks like the ignition has been converted to 87 style
Howdy this is a dumb question how can you tell and I wonder if anything else has but now that you say that I had looked at the ECM and it has the 84-85 ECM but thinking more about it I wonder if it was they had the 86-87 ECM and when the car got stolen they may have taken the ECM also and the salvage yard I got it from put the 84-85 ECM in it

Howdy this is a dumb question how can you tell and I wonder if anything else has but now that you say that I had looked at the ECM and it has the 84-85 ECM but thinking more about it I wonder if it was they had the 86-87 ECM and when the car got stolen they may have taken the ECM also and the salvage yard I got it from put the 84-85 ECM in it
Cross reference part#s, post pics here and ask questions about the parts, you'll get good feedback here. When you get a min check out Dave hbody.org there's lots of good info for 84/85 TRs there. Good luck bro

Ignition module looks like is has the adapter plate. 84/85 had 3 mounting studs the 86/87 has 4 studs and needs the plate to be mounted.

Cross reference part#s, post pics here and ask questions about the parts, you'll get good feedback here. When you get a min check out Dave hbody.org there's lots of good info for 84/85 TRs there. Good luck bro
Thank you for everything and I will check out that website

Ignition module looks like is has the adapter plate. 84/85 had 3 mounting studs the 86/87 has 4 studs and needs the plate to be mounted.
Thanks alot for the info it is much appreciated and I know I will havequestions in the future.

Hello again are these the stock exhaust manifolds or are they headers

Attachments

• 20160602_181310.jpg
    20160602_181310.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 84