deciding on which subs to get??

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
My sisters boyfriend took his JL'S back to sell, now she's lookin to get 2 12" subs and a box but that can wait. He took his amp too but I bought her one for xmas, she'll be surprised. Now she's lookin for 2 12" for a little over $200. We found some sweet deals at cruthfield.com but she doesn't have the money for them now. Anyhow, which brands would you get? She wants full bass, she doesn't car about slp or all that crap. I am helping her and I was looking at the RF PUNCH Z'S, MTX THUNDER6000 OR 8000, KICKER XPL, KENWOOD TORNADO, OR SONY XPLOD OR XPLOD ES. Ever heard any of these? How are they? Any other suggestions??

Pretty good list. But I'd add Orion also. LIFETIME warranty on all subs. Can't beat that. Plus excellent technical service for box design.

Adire, Digital Designs, Crystal, Image Dynamics and the list goes on and on and on and on and on..........

We are gonna have to put the sub search on hold, unfortunately. On my way up my driveway this morning with my father, I noticed my sisters inside lights on, so we checked the doors and they were open and everything is gone. Theres no sign of forced entry which is really weird. So were figured it might have been the teenage kids of the guy we bought the car off of cause they still have the extra key, but it turns out my buddies truck back window was smashed last night, but he took everything out a few days ago. And those kids know him and they wouldn't steal from us or him. I just took her alarm off and sent it back cause it was causing problems, the new one is right in the garage. We are gonna have the locks changed and the alarm installed. We have a cop on his way over to take finger prints, cause they left the tray that was under the radio behind and they had to touch that and the trunk release. I live in a neighborhood were everyone knows whats going down, so someones gonna say something to the wrong person, then it's on. I know exactly what other people on this board are saying about that feeling you get when something of yours is messed with. It's not my car but it still pisses me off that someone was right infront of my house in the middle of the night and in the car.

Bradley,
Post a pic of the Adire subs, I would like to see the design and construction of them. Thanks.

ATTENTION: Audiowizard or anyone with electronic knowledge!!

My cheap ass parents have decided to hook the alarm up ourselves once again. The last time we wired the parking lights wire directly to the parking light, the door lock wire to the power door lock fuse under the hood but we never hooked up the ignition wire.Basically the only thing the alarm did was go off at a voltage change. I would like to hook it up right this time and the instructions aren't so great. So, is there a way to hook it to the doors so when disarmed the doors unlock and when armed they lock? Where do I and how do I hook up the ignition wire?

Depends on alarm brand and features. Some alarms have built in relays for the ignition kill and the door locks, others you have to add your own relays, some have ignition kill and no door lock feature, others have door lock feature and no ignition kill (cheap alarm). On some I've heard that even if it does have the ignition kill relay built in, you want to add your own relay to it. Installing your own alarm can be better than having a shop do it, you can put the features you want on it, wire it (the way you would want to trust it) and put it where you want it, (under pass. side of dash is good, and hide all the wires)
What brand alarm is it? Model #?
I forgot, if you have a factory alarm, you might not want to add the door lock feature to your alarm. I like having two alarms, not that convenient knowing your alarm can unlock your doors, but if you have two alarms, why not use them both? I know alot of people think that factory alarms are useless, but if the thief is an amature, (Like the one was that broke into my car before the aftermarket alarm install) it'll keep your car where you parked it.

The alarm is the crimestopper CS-9900. It's the kind with the siren that has everything already in it with just a few wires to hook up. Basically what I want to know is, where I can tap into the ignition line on this car? And where and how to hook the blue negative wire to the doors,trunk or hood?? The car is a 1992 honda accord. I do not have any relays, it says none are needed unless I use the kill option, which we aren't. It says to hook the blue negative wire to door pin or trunk pin, what are they talking about??

Crimestopper is what I have, pretty good alarms. Pins (Pinswitch) the little button thingy on the door jamb on your Buick (Between both hinges) If the '92 accord is similiar to the '93 like my Wife has, I don't think they have pinswitches, I think there is somthing attached to the door latch in the door that activates the Dome light and door ajar light. If your not hooking up the Ignition kill (you should as the accords are high up on the list of stolen vehicles) I'm guessing that you are looking for an ingition power source (12V w/ ign.) Go to the fuse box, there should be a power source there labled Ign power (I think) as for the pins, you could use the wire going to the dome light (not sure if it's a ground or 12V) but Crimestopper should have a 12V + trigger also. Use a test light on the wire headed up to domelight to check for Polarity and to see if power or ground goes away with the door being shut. Sorry I can't be more of a help, but hope this helps you get started.:)

Sorry I didnt get back to you blackdemon on the alarm. I think roc87 has it covered, good job roc87 :cool:

No problem Audiowizard. I sort of threw the alarm quesion right in the middle of a different topic all together.