Deatschwerks dw300 fuel pump

gmpower6

Guys getting ready to install the fuel pump anything different i should know. Done a few in the past but they were 340 pumps.

Thanks Sean

I have a DW300 on order so I will be doing one next week.

Based on the pics in this thread:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/here-is-what-a-dw301-looks-like-installed.376483/#post-3010661

I plan on doing a few things. I plan on adding an isolation wrap around the pump to isolate it for noise. My XP pump may already have one on it but I can’t remember so I bought some different material to try.
I plan on drilling out the electrical connector in the hanger and run 12ga. wires directly from the pump to the harness connector eliminating the connector on top of the hanger. I’ll seal the hole that the wires will run through with a liquid tight fitting that withstands gasoline.

I'll also add a good ground strap to the gas tank from the frame.

Hopefully others will chime in with some other ideas..

ks

I've been running the DW 300 for awhile. I agrre with Kevin that you should upgrade the wiring on the sending unit (I upgraded to a Racetronix unit). Due to the amperage draw of the DW pump, my stock sender wiring eventually fried. There's a thread on here where it happened to someone else too...and yes, pump was hotwired at the time too. No issues since the sender upgrade.

I've been running the DW 300 for awhile. One thing to consider is to upgrade the wiring on the sending unit (I upgraded to a Racetronix unit). Due to the amperage draw of the DW pump, my stock sender wiring eventually fried. There's a thread on here where it happened to someone else too...and yes, pump was hotwired at the time too. No issues since the sender upgrade.

Racetronix told me yesterday that their hanger won't work with the DW300 otherwise I would have bought one....?

What mod's did you have to perform to make it work?

KS

Racetronix told me yesterday that their hanger won't work with the DW300 otherwise I would have bought one....?

KS
No mods. I did have to reverse the polarity on the sending unit to get the pump to run in the right direction

Co

KS

Contact AZRIAL89..... I believe he did it..

Co

Yep, sure did. I used the DW 300 and the racetronix G7? Hanger. The only "incompatibility" is the reverse polarity, which is easily swapped, also the DW does not mount using the rubber boot provided, so I just used a large worm gear hose clamp to attach to the hanger. Works great! Racetronix was very intent on telling me it would not work...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Co

Yep, sure did. I used the DW 300 and the racetronix G7? Hanger. The only "incompatibility" is the reverse polarity, which is easily swapped, also the DW does not mount using the rubber boot provided, so I just used a large worm gear hose clamp to attach to the hanger. Works great! Racetronix was very intent on telling me it would not work...

Is the RT unit wires reversed or the pump? Is this something that I need to worry about before installing the DW300 on the factory hanger?

Too bad for RT. I was planning on buying their hanger but after being told it wouldn't work I found ways to modify my own which should work just fine for my application.

ks

Is the RT unit wires reversed or the pump? Is this something that I need to worry about before installing the DW300 on the factory hanger?

Too bad for RT. I was planning on buying their hanger but after being told it wouldn't work I found ways to modify my own which should work just fine for my application.

ks
It was the actual hanger it's self, the stock one will be fine. Because if I remember correctly, the hanger actually had the sticker on it saying that polarity reversed

You need to buy the S model. It has a smooth bottom. You can rotate the pump so it fits the hanger well (and it will be fine). The pump would be a DW-300S.

The only problem I had with mine is the darn sock mounts strangely, on a plastic pin with a press-on star retainer clip. It's kind of a one-use only so test fit it before cinching down for good.

You need to buy the S model. It has a smooth bottom. You can rotate the pump so it fits the hanger well (and it will be fine). The pump would be a DW-300S.

The only problem I had with mine is the darn sock mounts strangely, on a plastic pin with a press-on star retainer clip. It's kind of a one-use only so test fit it before cinching down for good.
Yes, the S... I forgot that when I bought mine, but I just used a dremel to cut off the plastic tabs. Not too big of a deal, but the S will save you a little ass pain.

I used my stock hanger with new RT wiring. The DW300 fuel pump has the polarity molded into the plastic (+/-) just make sure it's right when you put it together, swap it if you have to.

Had to modify the stock hanger, make the pump fit. Also clamped the pump to the tube with a hose clamp. Don't go crazy clamping it you don't want to mess up the pump.

Still have my old Casper's hot wire from the alternator to the tank, and at the tank it has the RT G7 pump harness for a walbro.

http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=BCWA-G77&eq=

KS

As a company, we cannot recommend the DW pump b/c is not meant to mount in our G7 hanger and the wiring is not compatible.
Racetronix offers our RXP340 pump already installed on a G7 sender with a full warranty. This pump is the same as the DW except with the proper fitment and hardware.

Please note our BCWA and ITWH sold in our web store is not the same as the high-current one used in our FPS-G7 senders.

Putting a gear clamp around a pump's body is a risky business. If the clamp is too tight it will distort the body of the pump, reduce its output and cause it to fail.
It will also transfer vibration from the pump.

We have seen this many times where people will clamp two Walbros side-by-side trying to make their own DIY DP setup.