Dead car, no power but bat and Alternator fine.

Metal

Was I speeding sir?
Hi Guys
I have an 89 TTA with 52,000 miles, last night I hit a bump and it went dead as a doornail.(no power anywhere) I coasted into a parking lot called my insurance company and towed it home.
Here is the odd part.
I put a jump box on it and it started right up, I disconnected the jump box and let it run for a few minutes in the driveway. As soon as I turned it off it was dead again, no dome light, no nothing.
I pulled the Alternator and battery today and took them to SEARS and the local Auto parts store and they both said both tested good.
What should I be looking for?
The terminals look good and since it started on a jump box it can't have a bad fusible link.
I'm Kinda stumped here.
Thanks for any info.
Jim

Check the connections at the starter, and the cable that runs down there from your battery. That's where the power comes off for your fuse block, etc. Sometimes a battery can test good, but open up under a real load.

Sounds like bad battery, but that doesn't explain hitting a bump except the connections at the battery may be loose .

I think they might have been loose.
The battery is back at a third Auto parts store (Murry's) and their quick test said it failed. They are chagrining it and going to run a load test, if it's bad we'll see where I get with Sears tomorrow.
Thanks Guys.
Jim

I think they might have been loose.
The battery is back at a third Auto parts store (Murry's) and their quick test said it failed. They are chagrining it and going to run a load test, if it's bad we'll see where I get with Sears tomorrow.
Thanks Guys.
Jim

Well Murry's Long test said it failed and I took it back to Sears today who also said it faild when it was retested again today.:rolleyes:
Hopefully once I bolt it back together things work.
Still odd it completly cut out when I hit the bump, loose belt maybe?

battery

I had a battery recently that was down because my girl left her sat radio on for two days, anyway hot shoted took it down for a flat repair. shut it off wouldn't start. shop put tester on it said ok the problem was they checked using to top terminals (easier) the problem was in the side terminal my 2 cents new battery fixed it

My car lost electricity once when I hit a bump. I forgot to tighten the negative battery cable where it attaches to the car. :redface: