DBB 6776 and ESP FMIC finally installed

BMF_Racing

ONE B.M.F.
Ok, it feels like I've been parting this togather for months and months now, but its done for now (need a built trans). The engine is stock unopened w/88k miles (just hase stiffer springs). New parts are as follows:

6776 DBB w/S cover
PTE remote oiling
ESP FMIC w/3" pipes
62mm TB
62mm Hemco DH
4" CAI pipe(Grand National Parts Online)
Relocated IAT in cold side pipe

Thats about it.

Below are a few pix from the build.

62 mm TB and Hemco

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Well just to drive it home and the WG was set low to about 12 psi. I did romp on it one time and with the AFR on the WB in the 10's, it pulled as good as the stock turbo with 21 psi from 3000 rpm on. I can't wait to get the built trans & Tq Conv.(still stock) and turn up the boost. I'm planing on a 20 to 21 psi street setting. :biggrin:

So what does everyone think? :confused:

I think the trans has a fight on its hands.

But other than that its looking good. Make sure to ask the cop his opinion.;)

Keep that thing under control, a 6776 can put out a lot more power than an 88k stock bottom end should be dealing with. ;)

Keep that thing under control, a 6776 can put out a lot more power than an 88k stock bottom end should be dealing with. ;)

Yeah I know. I'm thinking 16 to 17 psi on this motor. After new trans comes in, the stroker motor is going to get put together, and then the fun starts :biggrin:

Well at 12 psi it is a bit laggy with the stock convertor, but another way to look at it is that the wastegate actuator arm is loose (not controlling PSI) and its still boosting 12 psi by 3300 rpm. I cant wait to get this out in warmer weather to do some tuning. ;)

How does the downpipe fit and what type of quality does it have? Do you get the gasket with it?

My motor has 81,000 on it and is holding that same turbo pretty good so far. I know a rebuild will come soon though...all stock internals running 26 psi:eek: but no problems yet

If you bought the turbo to make power then turn that baby up! If you aren't using up at least 80-90% of the turbo's capability it's just plain old bad manners. :tongue: 88k isn't that many miles and there have been guys run way down the 10's on stock shortblocks.

My motor has 81,000 on it and is holding that same turbo pretty good so far. I know a rebuild will come soon though...all stock internals running 26 psi:eek: but no problems yet

wow. Well I'll take it slow on raising boost, maybe 20 psi will be my limit. Not sure what a stock trans will hold ???:confused:

stock trans ?? how much hp before it goes ??

wow. Well I'll take it slow on raising boost, maybe 20 psi will be my limit. Not sure what a stock trans will hold ???:confused:

Ive heard the sweet spot on that turbo is around 23 psi...i know it pulls hard at 26:biggrin:

Dude I don't have a 67 I have a 61 but I'm not afraid to crank 30 psi on alky...I do it often with a stock shortblock.

That's pushing it, but when I drove the car daily I had it at 25 psi everyday for YEARS...and it hit 25 psi at least once a day.