David Wolfe sets a new Drag Radial record~ 4.70 @159 in the 1/8 mile!!!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw2QtVP3Tdw[/YOUTUBE]

The increments read~ 1.223 60', 3.174 330', 4.708 ET, 159.65 MPH.

This would probably equate to 7.20's @200MPH in the 1/4 mile and supposedly they think it will go 4.6x in the 1/8 when the all the bugs are worked out! He is NOT running the torque arm on the car anymore so it is without a doubt stock suspension and the car weighed 3320lbs on these passes. He is using the 315/60/15 M/T Radials and from what he says this was only the 3rd pass on the new setup so I'd venture to say it will only get faster.

BTW, at the end of this video that is Grant McCray setting the Outlaw 10.5 record with a 4.29 @178mph in the 1/8!!!:eek:

I can't wait to see him on another track. I know 4.77 is possible with the incrementals but going to a 4.70 is hard to swallow. I ran the points leading L/S car during practice this past weekend. It was a 700+ inch motor and it didn't cover the 330' on a 4.79 pass as fast as Wolfe. Either way, he's #1 again and proves he knows what he's doing.

I can't wait to see him on another track. I know 4.77 is possible with the incrementals but going to a 4.70 is hard to swallow. I ran the points leading L/S car during practice this past weekend. It was a 700+ inch motor and it didn't cover the 330' on a 4.79 pass as fast as Wolfe. Either way, he's #1 again and proves he knows what he's doing.

It will definitely be interesting to see him on another track, especially Bradenton in October! I also seen that Spetter is no longer doing the tuning (don't know why) but I wonder if this will affect his consistency because other than setting records it takes a car that can go rounds to win. Gotta be honest, he's definitely the man to beat now but I would love to see somebody like Stack come out with the Monte and hand him his ass!:eek: :biggrin: :wink:

I wanted to post to this because Texas KOTH brings back so many years of memories watching these guys duke it down the track at kennedales 1/8th mile. I, personally, have a few hundred passes at these tracks - Kennedale was just 15 minutes from my house in DFW.

It's great and redemption for David Wolfe. I've never met him directly, but back in 2000 he was telling outlaw racers - Running mid-low 5's at the time - that you couldn't make too much power for the suspension. All called B.S. on him because it was very hard to put the power down back then and guys were always struggling to get all the way down the track. The fastest guys were running 5.1x's on a perfect pass to win Texas King of the Hill.

So.. fast forward 8 years and more guys using turbos and the car's leaving they way they do today vs all wheels up type racing, and all spending alot more on chassis work done. Back then.. seems like it was a little more than just a 10 point cage. Safety has become way more serious over the the past few years.

Through personal observance, Grant has put his time in at the track and it's showing it. I know you all wouldn't know because you're not in TX, but he has made as many trips as anyone to the track and learned and learned to tune his car. It's been years and years in the making. - In the very same way our fastest guys in the Buick community have gone to the track countless times, trying to go faster and faster. Kudos

Grant has had a string of low 4.3 passes in hot weather. I had a feeling he would beat Lynch to the 4.20's. Petty and Lynch came to our ORSCA race this weekend looking to be the 1st in the .20's...GMac beat them to it.