Daughter helped me on the T

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
My daughter was inside the house as I was wrenching on the car. I had the valve covers off checking the lifter preload before making a test drive. She opens the garage door and walks in checking out my progress. I asked where her shoes were, because she needs to wear shoes in the garage for her safety. I turn around and as soon as I got the cover back on, I hear a clank clank clank with her little hand trying to reach into the engine bay with the valve cover bolt I always put in first since its easiest- the non stud bolt that goes on the top left of the driver's side cover. I have no idea how she knew of all the parts laying around the garage that that was the 4 bolts that I was needing, let alone that I didn't ask her to find them or tell her what I was doing. She did see me take it apart and put it back together last week, so I assume that's how she knew what I was working on and what I needed next.

Oh, did I mention she is only 21 months old- turns 2 this summer? She even pretends to check the air pressure and lug nuts on her power wheels JD tractor from watching me work on the cars:biggrin: Pretty safe to say we have a Turbo Buick enthusiast in the making...

IMGP2684.JPG

Enjoy them they grow up fast.:biggrin:My girls both race Jr. dragsters (13 and 16) and to this day it is the most fun I have ever had.:rolleyes:I have found the time and conversations while working on the cars very rewardable.:eek:

Kevin

Cool little story!!!:biggrin: Just make sure she doesn't try to etch any customs designs into the paint with a sharp object.:eek:

My older daughter (almost 8) always wants to help me work on the quads,sleds,lawnmower...something.

BUT, when it comes to daddys GN, both kids know to just watch at a safe distance. That's the 'ol mans pride & joy, and if something gets F-ed up while working on it, I have nobody to blame but myself.

I love when my 2 year old boy is out in the garage with me! He just says, "dadda's Vroomm!" or "dadda's tools!". It's pretty cool to me! I think about back when I was a little guy and I'd go work on my Uncles Chevelle with him. I was probably 3 or so but I remember like it was yesturday!

He used to chew so my mom said I'd walk around spitting all the time to try to be like my uncle!

Here's my boy, Noah!

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 87
  • P2130009.jpg
    P2130009.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 89
  • P2130012.jpg