datd loss

jonjski

Has anyone had this problem? I have a stock 1985 GN and use a tec 1 for data display. I have loss assess to reading my data. The car runs fine and the check engine light comes on when I key it up and goes off when started. I am able to short out the test connector and it will flash a code 12 with no other codes. I have tried the tec 1 on other cars and it works fine. I have another ecm and chip that I could try in the car, but without knowing the problem I do not want to install it for fear of damageing the computer. Is it possible that the computer or chip has failed? If so would this still allow me to read a flashing code 12 from the connector? I am at a lost on this one. I have checked all my grounds & power to the ecm and they seem to be OK. If you have any ideas they would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks, John gntype@aol.com

data loss

Well after about 3 weeks of pinning out the wires on my car I have found that I have a broken wire in my scanner cord. I was looking for a bad wire in the car. The scanner would work when I would hook-up to another vechicle but not when I used it on my car. I would stand outside of the other vechicles and set inside my car. Freaky? yes. When cord is streched to outside of car it would make contact, when coil-up in side of car it would not work. Yes it was a head scratcher and caused me to catch up on my cussing.

Thanks for looking, John