Data Logs from new convertor

V6RACER

The true 8 Second 109!
This is the rpm log from my old convertor on my 9.66 pass. There is very little rpm drop on the shifts and the car was running through traps with too many rpm for my combo. This convertor spooled instantly which was a good thing. I was just getting more slippage than I wanted.

OldconvertorRPMlog.jpg

Fast forward to last Sunday. New convertor I am trying out from PTC. Notice the RPM drop on the shifts and the RPM at the end of the run. Looks much better. I think the slippage is a lot less. (OBTW the jump in first is from a slippery track..) Both convertors spool up identically.

NewconvertorRPMlog.jpg

How much drop in rpms are you seeing between shifts? I see about 800 or so using an Art Carr 3800. The car goes through the traps at 6300 rpms.

I still think converters are black magic with all planets lined up just right.

How much drop in rpms are you seeing between shifts? I see about 800 or so using an Art Carr 3800. The car goes through the traps at 6300 rpms.
I went from less than 400 rpm drop to around 1000 rpm drop. I was going through the traps over 6400 rpms with the other convertor and with my combo that was too much.

Not if you get someone that knows convertors and what needs to be done to them. I am really impressed with Dusty Bradford as this convertor did exactly what he told me it would.

My convertor with hte last motor would drop 1200 rpm,
Of course it was from 7000-5800:biggrin:

Its been redone now by TCI and the whole new setup is read to run,Hopefully the weather abides and ill will be running it next sat, of course it will have a big N/T on the window as there are a few guys that wanna TRY and take some money from me:cool:

The log looks nice Jason. Once you get some boost in it we'll see where it ends up at. There is plenty of room in that converter to adjust either way but that's real close. I'm glad it spools as easy as the other yet still locks up that tight. That's the advantage of this 9.5 unit.

The log looks nice Jason. Once you get some boost in it we'll see where it ends up at. There is plenty of room in that converter to adjust either way but that's real close. I'm glad it spools as easy as the other yet still locks up that tight. That's the advantage of this 9.5 unit.

Yep, that was at 22psi so we'll see what it does as the boost rises.

They still are;) I worked with PTC for years and have tried at least 12 different converters in 5 different cars. 7 of those in my car alone. Chris Hogeland has tested at least 5 himself. This is the combination that seems to work and with feedback from guys like Jason and Laz/Roy we continue to document combinations and results. Converters can be nothing more than a guess. Information is our only tool to getting close on the first try. Buyer feedback is something I really want. I feel this combination is the easiest spooling yet most reliable, efficient converter out there. Not to mention it's cheaper than it's closest competitor.

Dusty,

If I come out or retirement you will be hooking me up with a converter.

Dusty, what does it cost?
See ya, Kip

The 9.5 like Jason has which is what the TSM guys are running is $950 shipped. It's a proven 2000hp capable converter. It's the same unit the outlaw 10.5 guys ran before power got into the 2400+ range and the bolt togethers got popular. We just use a different internal combination to work with the V6's.

John. I'll be glad to hook you up when you get back into the scene? I'll be glad to see you find a way out of Cali and back into racing:biggrin:

Perfect example of Going Fast with Class.

And that would be the hook up by Dusty.
Excellent....

Jason, your datalog looks very promising. Hopefully it won't drop anymore than 100 rpms when the boost is set to Laz settings. :biggrin:
Definitely keep us posted.

Patrick