Dash mounted gauge cluster?

Koshe

I'm looking into getting a few gauges since I can't monitor anything important without scrolling through my SM like a crazy person.

I'm not very fond of the A-Pilar pods and thought maybe someone is selling center dash gauge mounts. Something like:

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1373423764.751262.jpg

Anyone know where I can get something like this that would fit on the GN dash and look smooth? Like it was meant to be there.

Thanks in advance,
Jorge

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've already seen the one offered on Gbody which is mounted to the right of the steering console. It's blocky appearance doesn't seem like it would look nice center mounted.

no one makes anything that really flows with the interiors of these cars, but it's considered cool to just stick crap everywhere and clutter up one of the nicest dashes that GM put in anything in the 80's..

a few years ago i put out the idea of getting the people that make Scanmasters to make a separate readout that plugs into the main unit and fits in any standard gauge holder and allow you to hide the main box out of sight under the dash- you'd have thought that i suggested that everyone swap a Ford 5.0 with a 3 speed manual trans into their cars from the reactions i got- people actually like having that little square thing velcroed to their dash, and they also don't have a problem with fugly gauge pods everywhere.. i guess it makes them feel like they are in a race car or something..

all that being said, about the cleanest way to get real gauges in these cars without going to a full GNX style gauge cluster is to drill holes in the panel above the glove box and put them there... that's where the previous owner put them in my car, and i hate it. you have to look all the way across the car to check oil pressure, water temp, or boost...

Aww that's sad to hear... q_q

Thanks for the info Derrik.

Dakota Digital makes an analog dash for the TR. Their website says it also comes with a boost gauge.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1373442336.130523.jpg

I made my top mount box a few years ago. It houses my Boost gauge, Fuel pressure, Scanmaster and ALKY control box. The Boost gauge is rotated so 27psi is straight up and the Fuel pressure is 70...straight up. When under WOT...all I look for is two needles pointing up and the green light on ALKY...then watch the knock on the Scanmaster. I don't have to turn my head at all. I call it..."Mission Control"...lol. Just make something like it.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1373447140.423792.jpg

I made my top mount box a few years ago. It houses my Boost gauge, Fuel pressure, Scanmaster and ALKY control box. The Boost gauge is rotated so 27psi is straight up and the Fuel pressure is 70...straight up. When under WOT...all I look for is two needles pointing up and the green light on ALKY...then watch the knock on the Scanmaster. I don't have to turn my head at all. I call it..."Mission Control"...lol. Just make something like it.
View attachment 194590

Coach, that's awesome. I might end up attempting to build my own, the needles pointing up + green light go is some epic thinking right there.

Here's another alternative ......mounts with velcro on the radio pod.....got it from Evil on the board. :)

View attachment 194596View attachment 194597

This is a great option. The most original appearing one as of yet.

Thanks everyone for contributing. Keep it coming :-D

This one looks really good.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1373464231.903758.jpg

IMO, all the gauge mounts made for TRs look out of place unless you can make your own and refinish it in the same or a material close to it. You can make one out of Fiberglass and coat it with interior paint by GBodyParts.

This is my 2 gauge A pillar Pod. I went with the Street Comp gauge as the vacuum readings match the same color as the 55MPH.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1373464608.358600.jpg

David!

I like the 50th Sig parking lot view :D

As for the Mad Max gauge clutter on top... I think I'll go with that look... then adjust my tps settings ;) Haha

David!

I like the 50th Sig parking lot view :D

As for the Mad Max gauge clutter on top... I think I'll go with that look... then adjust my tps settings ;) Haha

Lol. That's all you guys are good for, a good parking spot. ;)