dash cluster?????

luisturbog

UNDERDOG HOT AIR !!!!!!!
My question is are the digital & analog dash clusters interchangeable without changing the wiring harness? or does the harness have to be changed? If someone who has done this could chime in please!

They are not interchangeable without swapping out the harness as salvageV6 stated. I have done the change over myself. It's a bit of work but not impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would assume you currently have digital and it doesn't work?

I would assume you currently have digital and it doesn't work?

I have an analog dash that has the needle jumping around & screwing with my tune. So I was thinking if it was easy I'd just put in the digital dash that I have laying around.

They are not interchangeable without swapping out the harness as salvageV6 stated. I have done the change over myself. It's a bit of work but not impossible.

Does changing harness include changing the fuse panel?

The fuse panel is part of the harness, it all comes out as a unit

I have a digital dash harness if your in need of one.

if the needle is jumping its usually a binding speedo cable , the cable drives the pickup bar at the rear of the speedo and even if the speedo were defective the bar still would move based on the speedocable

its not that hard to swap out the speedometer dont even need to pull the cluster for a new one but i would fix the speedo cable first
the lower speedo cable can be removed from the casing under the hood ..separate and remove the little washer in the ctr and then slide the cable out .. if its damaged replace it , otherwise just clean and lube it . the upper needs the speedo removed and then the cable comes out at the dash end

the speedo just pull the dash bezel, remove the 4 screws to the clear plastic , remove screws from fuel panel and pull out the fuel gauge , remove screws and pull the speedo panel forward and then disconnect the cable at rear