DAS AUTO SHIPPERS. anyone use them?

NOKA72

Hello guys. Thinking of using DAS AUTO SHIPPERS anyone here use them before. They want a reasonable price for enclosed shipping from AZ to NY. Any others I should consider. Thanks Vinny

No first hand experience but I recently shipped from Canada to Hawaii and did a bunch of research on different companies. Overall DAS did not have many good reviews. Take that for what its worth.

Who did you use to HI?
I used Ship Your Car Now. Canada to Hawaii was a little tricky as it was difficult to find Transporters willing to handle the paperwork required to get it over the border. I literally contacted about a dozen companies. If just shipping within the US, no problem.

I looked into intercity lines. But they cannot deliver to my door I would have to pick it up about 1/2 hr away ftom me. They say there trucks are to large for some areas. I'll keep searching . Vinny

I ship cars and they take thier time paying the transporters so if you book thru them they will subcontract it out and you prolly wont get a good transporter unless you get lucky, well known carriers know not to mess with them........ I dont do Az to Ny i do Mi to Ny every week but if you find a few carriers inbox me and i can look them up for you on the transporter website(no public access) and let you know their rating........

Are you buying Sean's car? I think he ended up using Reliable and it went well, but TurboTGuy recommended Passport and he deals with nothing buy real high end cars. If you are buying the car I'm thinking of, DO NOT cheap out on transport. This thing is way to nice to risk. I would have bought it myself if I had enough cash handy.

Hey mike yes we are making a deal. Passport was the most expensive 2600 to ny. Hurts. Vinny

I've used DAS Global... went through sales guy Anthony McManus to set it all up. He and I have done 6 cars in the past 4+ years. One from MA to AZ and couple to and from HI. I'm 5 out of 6 for "no damages" as my Silverado had a couple side scrapes and a broken bumper cover. It was all covered with via insurance so I wasn't really out of pocket.

Be sure to check out transportreviews dot com as well.

Well it's looking like passport or reliable. They are priced high and they both seem to have a time frame that I will have to wait. Not sure of any other big names to try. Vinny

I've used Reliable carriers in the past and have had no issues with them and they were great and easy to work with.

Reliable is who I used also. I had a budget on the car I purchased and told them all I could pay was this amount which was a couple of hundred less and 3 days later I had my car. They were very careful with the car and wrapped the car in plastic to keep anything from leaking on it from the other cars.

I used DAS on a San Jose to Philly Area enclosed transport (for my '65 T-bird, in 2007). No issues at all. I found their communication to be very good.
The seller dropped off at their terminal and I picked up at the terminal here - saved quite a few $$.
Also, FWIW, it seemed to me that the carriers charged a hefty fee for insurance on a car that was already covered(?)
Good luck with whatever you choose.

I've used DAS:
Ca to NJ
IN to NJ
FL to NJ
Mass to NJ
OH to NJ
IN to NJ again
SC to NJ
Maine to NJ

I would recommend them

I've also used DAS a couple of times.
NJ-FL
TX-FL

Very professional, no issues at all. I'd use them again without hesitation...

well I wound up going with passport transport....they have a very good write up and I liked their time frame compared to others...so we shall see....hope it doesn't take too long..vinny

Is this them?

Attachments

• 1441326921990.jpg
    1441326921990.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 51
Yes that's them Heard a lot of good things about them and so far it's going good with them always answer when I call and nice guys too . So I'm feeling good so far Keep my fingers crossed. Vinny