Dakota fans

corsair231

I mean the Dodge trucks not that Fanning chick (after all this is a car forum ;)). Anyway guys, I just purchased my first pick-up truck. It's a 93 Dakota Sport with a 5.2. I know, I know, it's a Dodge. At least it's not a Ford. I've never been a truck guy but I decided it was finally time. I'm getting too old to load and unload engine blocks out of my trunk and the wife gets mad if I throw greasy parts and bags of trash in her mini-van. Of course she gets mad when I rebuild a carb on the kitchen table too, go figure??:rolleyes:

Before now, the only truck I ever considered owning was a Syclone but truthfully are they really trucks? They are more a sports car with an open trunk than a certified trash hauler and that happened to be one of my wife's demands for this purchase. I had to be able to use my truck as a truck, so bye-bye Sy.

With GMC's wunder truck off the table I started looking at my options. Do I get a 16.2 liter superturbocharged diesel, 4 door dually with 24" wheels and a semi-truck spoiler on top of the cab and a gold plated trailer hitch? Tempting but since I don't want to go into debt I decided I really didn't need that much truck (Of course most of the people that have them don't need that much truck either :eek:). I decided the same thing about full size trucks plus none of them really struck my fancy either. So a small truck is the answer. Rangers and imports were out (I do have my principles) so this left S trucks and Dakotas.

I wanted to stay GM and looking at the 2nd gen S trucks, they had style and I liked their ride but face it, even with the hi-po Vortec 4.3, they are slow. This brings us to the Dak. Nothing fancy looking so it doesn't throw any flags up to the misses but with the 5.2, pretty dog gone peppy. I found one local and the price was right, the deal is done and I am officially a pick-up man. (Girls, the line for rides start to the right. Country songs are true aren't they?) Anyway, as with all my toys I want to learn as much about them as possible so, what's the best Dakota forum out there?