DAkota Digital VHX..

I just ordered it for my Chevelle.. I think the features are great but the looks are sorta bland.

I just ordered it for my Chevelle.. I think the features are great but the looks are sorta bland.

Yep.... And, with the small size of the needles, numbers, I'm beginning to wonder how easy it will be to read at 150mph...

Chuck, I'm putting this universal gauge my Rambler:

prd_zm_846.jpg

I put the VHX gauges in my 67 Camaro and they are great. Many little features that are cool to play with, 1/4 time, top speed etc. Will upgrade the GN with these gauges in the future.

Russ, it's not cheap, for sure!:eek:
My concern is if you have a problem w/ 1 readout, the entire dash has to go for repairs.. May be an issue, may not.
I see a gauge co called Marshall, has individual gauges that are really trik. Not near as expensive as DD or Autometer.
Their Comp2 set is only $455 w/ boost and fuel psi matching.
The really trik, programmable set is $580 w/ the boost and fuel psi.
I may get a set, make my own insert, and see what happens.:cool:
These prices are Ebag deals.
Marshall is a MADE IN THE USA co, too! They make a lot of process gauges, etc.

Russ, it's not cheap, for sure!:eek:
My concern is if you have a problem w/ 1 readout, the entire dash has to go for repairs.. May be an issue, may not.
I see a gauge co called Marshall, has individual gauges that are really trik. Not near as expensive as DD or Autometer.
Their Comp2 set is only $455 w/ boost and fuel psi matching.
The really trik, programmable set is $580 w/ the boost and fuel psi.
I may get a set, make my own insert, and see what happens.:cool:
These prices are Ebag deals.
Marshall is a MADE IN THE USA co, too! They make a lot of process gauges, etc.

That actually already happened to one of the Autometer MCX (4 in 1) gauges in my Maverick. Sent it back, they said it was not repairable, sent me a new one at cost (a touch over $100).

I love my Cyberdyne dash, however they are no longer available.
I would like to see the DD before making a choice of upgrading a original to one or going with a GNX replica.
Working under the dash is not my favoured activity.

I think I've decided to stay away from the "all in 1" gauge pkges.....
The Marshall gauges are nice, [altho a bit "techy"], can be had w/ various warnings activated, Not near the price of the DD or AM ga's.

I will have my base plate laser cut, and do a "GNX style" install. This is a hotrod, so the gauges, [and most everything else], is a mish mash of odd ball parts....:eek::D

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=marshall+gauges

Thanks for the heads up!:D
"stay away from the marshalls...good for looks only.". The Marshalls are nice looking...
Sounds like "beauty is only skin deep", can apply to gauges, too!:) ..Damn! that reminds me of my last wife. The 40DD's sure looked good. Not much else was as "advertised"... :(
Back to Autometer. I'll just stick w/ the proven stuff.

$679 at g bodyparts. Installed mine works well. Some splicing and running sender wires through fire wall but overall easy install.

Mdavis post up some pics when you get a chance day/night. I lone those gauges on my Chevelle

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388185317.983886.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388185359.349162.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388185410.249490.jpg

Still have to drop the fuel tank and attach the ground. Also install downpipe so that I will have bung for wideband. Other than that It works great. You can see the add on sender for fuel pressure on the right. I also purchased the wide band module. Nice to have it all at your finger tips an can set warnings.

I didn't know it had high and low warning parameters that you can set as well as 0-60, 1/4 times, etc.