dakota digal gauge cluster questions

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
Adding Dakota digital gauges to 87 TR and wanted to see if anyone has a pinout/wiring diagram for the factory gauge harness or ecm I have the speedo sensor but I wanted to try to use factory oil press and temp switches if I can. Or if anyone has done this and has suggestions or comments. Im not worried about boost for digital I like my analog autometer, Thanks TB Family

I just installed the VHX system in my 87. It turned out great. You will have to remove the stock oil pressure and temp idiot lights, you don't need them the system has low pressure and high temp warnings that you program to your setting

It took me about 1 day. You have to make a couple mods for it to work. You need the caspers module for your tachometer to work, wire in a resistor for your alternator, remove the vss box and tap into the ECM signal wire. It's sounds like a lot but it's really not that hard.

it is the full cluster I have it all in now I have to order the oil & temp senders from Dakota to finish it up but speedo, tach, CE light, high beam, turn signals etc good to go I got gauge set second hand with only the speed sensor from Dakota lucky for me it still had zero miles on odometer.