Daily Driver help!!

bensttype

If all goes as planned, I will be giving my '72 Challenger to my wife's dad around march of next year. I need another car to act as my semi-daily driver. I've never owned a Ford, But thinking of an '80's-early 90's 5.0 mustang or a SHO. My wife likes the mudstain but I am not quite sure. I was thinking maybe an 85-91 Trans Am or Camero Z28. I want something with desent mileage but that is fun to drive also. I prefer an automatic car for commuting and would also like to buy American as well. suggest away!!!!

How's it going Ben! You going to Vegas again this year? :)

I vote MUSTANG! :D I drive my Coupe on a daily basis now, and enjoy every minute of it! It is an automatic right now, but I will be converting it to a 5 speed in the future. :cool:

A buddy of mine just picked up a 92 lx with 46,000 miles for $3500. That's hard to beat!

i had a 90 5.0 as my daily driver before i got the GN and now i have an 87 IROC as a driver. as much as i hate ford, id have to go mustang. Never really required much maintenence and much more pleasant to drive than the Camaro. Also, these F-bodies sure can rattle!!!

Originally posted by salvageV6
I'd rather be driving an '86 T Type myself. :)

I second that, mines a daily driver:D

Otherwise, mustangs are a good choice, I've owned several of them over the years. If I were you, I would look for the LX Coupes if you decide to go that route, lighter, faster and are getting rare. Never had problems with any of mine and are easily modded.

But....nothing beats a Turbo Buick;)

Ray

Ohhh Yeah! I'm going to look at a 1989 LX Coupe with 79,000 miles today.....for only $1, 575.00. Gotta love the little old ladies:D

I have been thinking of buying a notchback as a daily driver as well as the Buick is too nice to do that to. I hear the automatics are real slush boxes on the Fox body mustangs however. I would want a 5 speed anyway;)