Cyber Gray- 1 yr in the paint booth

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Finally got the 87 T back from the painter. 2009 Corvette Cyber Gray with painted fiberglass bumpers, headlight bezels and GN spoiler, new windshield, reseamed the doors, jambs, trunk, new hinges, handles, shaved the outside mirrors, fixed the antenna... The hood never stayed straight, oh well, the metal is tweaked by the backing plates/glue when it was put on and opened/closed even with reinforced hood attachments for the struts.

yem59wd

yal22gc

ydrtdwd

y9ubr3f

Very very VERY nice!

Worth the wait, huh?

Got a question - the color looks like a blue gray in the pics. Is that the actual color or my computer? Don't get me wrong - what I see is great - I've been looking for something similar. Does the color vary in daylight, flourescent or other indoor light etc.

MORE pics please.

Thanks and once again - It's a fine choice & looks great! :biggrin:

Is there anyway you can take a pic of the car standing back a little so we can get the full effect? It does look good, how much does a 12 month paint job cost:eek:. Also for your hood there is a screw in each side by the hinge, that I think holds the hood down a little more, mine sits up a little higher too.

It only took a year because early on the hood was messed up and we repainted it 3-4 times trying to flatten it out. Still it isn't flat so I just said, throw the hood on and its good to go. Maybe shoot a glass hood to see if its better. Here's the only wide shot I did today. I'll finish up the trim and clean up the wheels and take a couple more pics then. Enjoy:

ycftd6k

The car looks good but your camera skills suck. :D

Try pulling the car out into the sunlight and stand about 20ft away with the sun behind you... THEN snap a few pics. :wink:

The car looks good but your camera skills suck. :D

Try pulling the car out into the sunlight and stand about 20ft away with the sun behind you... THEN snap a few pics. :wink:

Sorry, I can use a camera, but I was too excited with limited time on my lunchbreak, to use a camera correctly. I'll get more today hopefully.

From what I can tell it looks good. I do have to ask, why did you choose to go back with the regal limited qtr. windows? It looks like the windows in the "prep" pix had the black trim around them but the finished product has chrome trim.

Maybe its the angle of the pic, if not, what made you decide to use the chrome trim window?

There's nothin like a fresh paint job!!! Looks good...Let's see pics in the sunlight to get the full effect of the color as someone mentioned earlier. Good luck with her.:cool:

From what I can tell it looks good. I do have to ask, why did you choose to go back with the regal limited qtr. windows? It looks like the windows in the "prep" pix had the black trim around them but the finished product has chrome trim.

Maybe its the angle of the pic, if not, what made you decide to use the chrome trim window?

Originally this was a chrome trimmed Turbo Regal. It is not a Limited. I had extra W02 trim I had on the car for a couple years. I think I'm going to go with chrome only on the taillights, and the windows. And a black GN grill since the whole front end is painted except for the black air dams. Thoughts? I also have 17x8 painted chrome ZR1 replica wheels from SLP that are going on the car. If that doesn't look good, I'll go back to W02 and paint the wheels 2004 Z06 wheel gray.

Ummm, you may already know this, but in the picture in post 15, your front tires are on the wrong side. Unidirectional tread facing the wrong way. Your rear tires are OK.

Beautiful paint by the way!!

Ummm, you may already know this, but in the picture in post 15, your front tires are on the wrong side. Unidirectional tread facing the wrong way. Your rear tires are OK.

Beautiful paint by the way!!

Yeah I know as soon as I dropped the jack down and looks at the fronts. Then I said, ah well, let me get some pics then swap the front two wheels around.