Cutting Out

Live4Boost

Word
Well a new problem started here the other day. As im running WOT the car surges and like cuts out the back in and back out and in and so on. When this starts I usually let right off of it. I have done many searches on this and from what I have found is it sounds like an ignition problem. I was wondering if I am gathering the information correctly and if you guys think that this a good place to start. The coil pack on my car looks original to me because the decals on the pack look weathered a bit. The wires look pretty new and are MSD I believe. The previous owner told me it had new plugs. Do you guys think it could be a coil pack? Also what plugs woudl you recommend and at what gap. Or anything else I should look into???

Thanks
BOb

Yes, I would check the coil pack first. The ohms should be between 11k and 13k ohms between the two posts of each individual coil pack (there are 3). If it is higher, then change the coil pack. It could also be too big of a gap on the plugs if running higher boost.

ok thanks for the reply, I will have to go pick up and ohm meter, and I will pry just replace the plugs and make sure they are gapped correctly.

Thanks
Bob