Cutting front spring question

1-CLN-GN

I am wanting to cut a half a coil off my front springs this weekend.My question is do i cut half a coil off the top or bottom of the spring?Ive asked a couple of people and was told i could only cut the top from one person and the opposite from another.Can somebody tell me which is the correct end to cut.Thanks

i havent had a chance to look but i would say the bottom is the part that you turn until it seets into where it belongs. if thats the case then you would cut the bottom of the spring. that way you can cut both equal and turn them to where they seet back into place. the top is probably different. again i havent looked at the spring... but thats my guess

It looks like im back where i started.One person says top the other bottom.LOL,Heavy D when you cut the top did it bring the car down and how much?

Cutting Front Springs...

I cut mine on the bottom...I cut off 3/4 of a coil, it lowered the car a little over a inch. I thought it would be best to cut the bottom and rotate the spring to keep it in the same position in the A-Arms. Hope this helps...John