Custom Up pipe ?

MR2CHIPO

I'm thinking about getting a custom up pipe built. What diameter would you guys recommend? 2.25 or 2.5? Maybe something different? I want to get mandrel bends to remove restrictions but this is one place where bigger is not always better. I fear too big might hurt spool up. What have you guys gone with and suggest? Thanks in advance for you input

Cesar A.

he outlet on the manifold and the inlet on the elbow are only like 2", so i can't see going too much bigger than that being of any benefit and maybe even hurting things due to the loss of velocity.

i can say from experience on my car that merely getting rid of the stock flex joint in my up pipe- it necked down to about 1.5" in there- and welding in a chunk of 2" pipe really helped out with the spool up and throttle response.

so if you have 70 mm throttle body that does have a 3 inch inlet it wouldnt be a good idea to get a 3 inch up pipe dont know iam just asking cause iam just starting to put my moter togetherand thats what i have .just want to get parts.