Custom gauge cluster ??

regal81455

Im building a gauge panel similar to most of the others that can be found on this forum. Ive cut the bezel panel to fit six gauges and ive fab'd up the gauge panel itself that fits behind the bezel. My problem is the attachment/shimming needed to make it fit tight and sturdy against the bezel. Can someone who's done this mod elaborate on how they went about this task? This is the only thing holding me up from finishing this and getting my car back on the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

I know this will be clear as mud but there are 4 bolt holes in the original plastic frame for the inner dash what you will need to do is drill 4 holes in your new dash panel get 4 2 ½ long bolts don’t remember the size I used but they are smaller than ¼ you will also need 3 nuts for each bolt. Drill the holes so they are in line with the screw holes in the inner dash plastic. Then run the bolt through the panel use one nut to keep the panel in place, the second will go on the front side of the inner panel and the 3rd on the back side. To adjust the panel just raise or lower the bolt by moving the 2nd nut when the panel is flush and were you need it to be titian the 3rd nut I used a lock nut for the third nut one. I get of work at around noon tomorrow and when I get home ill dig up some pics of my dash so you can see how I did it.

I know this will be clear as mud but there are 4 bolt holes in the original plastic frame for the inner dash what you will need to do is drill 4 holes in your new dash panel get 4 2 ½ long bolts don’t remember the size I used but they are smaller than ¼ you will also need 3 nuts for each bolt. Drill the holes so they are in line with the screw holes in the inner dash plastic. Then run the bolt through the panel use one nut to keep the panel in place, the second will go on the front side of the inner panel and the 3rd on the back side. To adjust the panel just raise or lower the bolt by moving the 2nd nut when the panel is flush and were you need it to be titian the 3rd nut I used a lock nut for the third nut one. I get of work at around noon tomorrow and when I get home ill dig up some pics of my dash so you can see how I did it.

Thanks -- THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!