Custom Gas Tank

FHW

Just thought I'd post some pictures of the Rick's Stainless Stealth Fuel Tank that I got for the G.N. It's fitted with an aeromotive eliminator pump. :smile:

2009-12-06133109.jpg

2009-12-06133417.jpg

2009-12-06133502.jpg

2010-03-07145427.jpg

What:eek:, I got mine 3 years ago for the GTO sumped, baffled and without a pump for $900 shipped.

Looks great and with the Eliminator is appears as if you're running E85?

Fill us in on how the gas gauge turns out, my GTO's isn't accurate anymore.

Dan White sent me to Rick's not sure on price for sure but I remember it was up there and that was without the pumps But a very nice piece indeed.

you pay for what you get.....

..... & looks like you got the best of the best:eek::eek::eek:!!!

Looks Great!!!

any specs? is it still ~18 Gallons? accepts stock filler??

Price:
Surely not for the budget minded, but I'm impressed by the workmanship of this made in USA custom product. Thanks for the positive comments. Maybe if more GN owners in the future request this tank, Ricks could lower their price. I paid $1500 shipped and I supplied the pump.
Rick's Muscle Car Gas Tanks

Claude:
They supply the sending unit and it just gets wired into the fuel guage hookup from the orginal fuel tank.

Royal-T-Ltd:
Approx same as stock. 18 gallons. I used a prefilter inside the tank and added a second in the fuel line. Just as a note, the stock tank weighs 30 lbs. Ricks aluminum tank weighed in at 40 lbs and the stainless was 65 lbs.

Billy T:
I think you're implying placement of the sump all the way to the rear is how a fuel cell with connections at the rear for drag racing should be set up. This is true, but with this fuel tank, the sump just supplies a low point for the fuel pickup and if you notice in the pictures, even the sump is baffled. Fuel gets in, but under hard acceleration, breaking, or hard turns, no fuel starvation will occur as explained to me by Ricks.

2010-03-08214855.jpg

I had an aeromotive 1000 mounted external with a stock tank. It was loud but bearable. When I replaced the 1000 with the eliminator, it was way louder and for my street GN, this was too much. So when I also found out my gas tank was leaking and needed to be replaced, I called aeromotive and their advice was to submerse my pump and add a controller. They specifically mentioned they had worked with Ricks with their gas tank design for the use of their 1000 and eliminator pump.

Now that the new tank and submersible pump is in, I am very pleased with the noise reduction. Other benefits: the gas tank is legal vs an in-trunk fuel cell; and as mentioned, I am set up for if and when to use e85(Ethanol).

As a side note: not too long ago, a 68 chevy nova in my area was turning into a car show and was rear ended by a mini van. He had a fuel cell in the truck and unfortunately the car burst into flames and he lost his life. This case led me to decide on investing in what I consider to be a safer alternative for a street car.