Custom Built Fuel Cell.

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
Anybody Know of a Shop that can Build me a Fuel Cell/Tank that will Replace the Existing Gas Tank? I'd like a 8-12 Gallon Alum. Tank that will fit out of sight between the Frame Rails with Filler Neck behind License Plate. Thanks.

1-856-678-2638

we have built them before, they are not cheap, but will fit without any hacking on the stock trunk floor.

thanks

This definatly can be done..Any comp with alum fabbing skills i'm sure can build for you very easily if you were to provide dimissions etc.. The cheapest way would be building it yourself or if you or you have any friends with alum welding experiance that would be the way to go if cost would stop you from having a custom shop do the work.. If you were to live closer to me I would be happy to help I actually weld alum for a liveing as I'm certified to weld aluminum up to an inch thick.. This would be a pricey project with alum though finding a shop to do a custom one off tank to your specs. To my knowlege there is nothing on the market that is built for our cars like you are wanting done. Is there a reason your thinking Aluminum? weight,looks? Since it will be hidden under the car you may want to consider haveing a steel tank built v's alum would definatly be much cheaper as far as material goes and your options would be more open to other people and shops that can build it for you..

I know it was 6 years old....Congrats, To TR Custom parts someone finally steped up on a post that was 6 years old to say they have one aval. I came accross the thread by accident and nobody ever responed. I gave my 2 cents to someone that wanted to build their own. I never knew there was one aval so you actually helped someone. Thank you.. If there are posts out there and people think they dont need to respond due to the age... how does it help anyone??? I come across alot of threads that I would find useful and no one ever responds....I have several of my own threads I've posted in the past that no one has ever commented on..I thought maybe commenting on someone else's unaswered question may help the next person interested no matter how old it is especially if it is a post that has been unanswered in 6 years surely someone has known there is one avalible.... why no one would comment who knows?????.