Custom Autometer Tach *Thank Mark @ TR*

lee01

1GR8MMBR
I wanted something different and i'm glad that Mark offered these overlays, not that autometer look ugly, but I like the Power 6 intercooled logo.

I will update the pics when installed in my GN.

Not that easy to install, but it look great imo and well worth the work. ( Thanks for the overlays Mark ;) )

RPM1.jpg

RPM2.jpg

The engraver gets the credit! Think it might have actually looked better if the logo was up higher but that screw is right in the way.

Just a thought..........what would it look like if the 6 grand mark was the turbo 6 logo....?.........looks great as is tho..........

I believe most just send their tachs into Autometer and have them put the overlays on? How did you do it? Isn't it a sealed unit?

I believe most just send their tachs into Autometer and have them put the overlays on? How did you do it? Isn't it a sealed unit?

Its sealed, its not something you can take apart easily....

You need to pry the cover off from the back end.

Once it taken apart, you need to remove the orange needle, that a VERY fragile and soft to manipulate, plus must take good note at what RPM you take it off.
Take out the two screw and place the overlays (stick with double side tape)
Hint #1: Watch for fingerprint before reinstalling everything
Hint #2: You will scratch the paint on the back side (will post pic later) so be aware.

Autometer may do this service I don't know.:confused:

Here the back.

You can see all the marks. I use a flathead screwdrive to pry it out and to close it.

I will do some paint touch up later

RPM4.jpg

RPM5.jpg