Cuban Cigars

mydesigner

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!!
Are cigars sold on the caribbean islands that are called cubans illegal. The way i understand it, if the cigar tobacco came from cuba it is illegal. But if it is cuban seed grown on the island it is fine cause cuba does not gain anything off of it. So am I correct in this. And how can customs tell the difference between cuban cigars and non-cuban cigars.

Most Cuban cigars say CUBAN alllllllll over them. Label, box, everything. That's usually a good hint to customs.

my buddy brought a couple of boxes back from qutar when he was there last year. guess they never looked in his suitcase.

when i came back from st lucia this past fall, they never looked in my suitcase either. but i guess thats the chance....

They sell cohibas in the Bahamas and most other carribbean countries. I got a box when I went to Mexico. If your gonna bring them back, just buy a cheap brand and switch the wrappers....

Don't support the commies! :)

oops, everything I just bought from Wal-Mart is from china.

Nevermind...

)

I lived in the caribean for almost 5 years and heres the scoop on Cuban cigars:

1)make sure to get Cubans!!Cigars with the same name are produced throughout the caribean and Mexico and sometimes will even be the same price!

2)be prepared for stale cigars from sitting on the shelf so long.

3)It is legal to bring up to 20 Cuban cigars back into the US.If you bring more than 20,pull the bands and take em out of the box.

4)MOST IMPORTANT,be sure to harass the illiterate inbred islander thats ripping you off for the cigars;)In Havana you can get the box's on the street for $50.

yep....just came back from St. Lucia on Monday with a fist-ful of Cubans - just take the bands off so they're not identified. My suitcase was searched (had a nice little "Homeland Security" flyer inside) and they even opened my eyeglass case the cigars were in - and let it all pass with no problemo'

if you want the real deal and not fakes you need to buy them from an official retailer .....not a street vendor . find a la casa del habano (the official cuban cigar store and make your purchase there) this is the ONLY full proof way to guarentee that they are authentic. the rule of thumb is that if it sounds to good to be true than it is.your not going to find a 600.00 box of sticks on the street for 50 bux cause some guy has a friend of a friend that works at the factory

I brought quite a few nice Cubans back from the Caymans last year with no problems other than they kept screaming to be let out of my suitcase:D Seriously though, like everyone else said, just swap the bands with some elcheapos. You can bring the bands into the US no problem. If customs asks you, just tell them you smoked the cigars on your vacation and collect the bands.

Originally posted by idaho gn
if you want the real deal and not fakes you need to buy them from an official retailer .....not a street vendor . find a la casa del habano (the official cuban cigar store and make your purchase there) this is the ONLY full proof way to guarentee that they are authentic. the rule of thumb is that if it sounds to good to be true than it is.your not going to find a 600.00 box of sticks on the street for 50 bux cause some guy has a friend of a friend that works at the factory

BS.I lived 80 miles from Cuba and haqve been there over 50 times.What experience are you speaking from??

$600???HELL NO.Retail in Cuba is $350 a box for Cohiba Espindidos.The workers have em going out the back door.Those are the ones you see without the goverment holograms.Youd be in deep **** if you were caught in Cuba with a box w/o the hologram.Youre actually helping a poor Cuban family more by buiying it off the street than paying full retail.

Only full proof way to make 100% sure youre getting Cubans??Make sure you buy them in CUBA!!

Cuban cigars cannot be sold in the US...

(not allowed by our goverment). You can buy them in the black market, but they cost you an arm and a leg. Half of the time they are fakes. Cohiba, Montecristo, Partagas, H. Hupman and a few other brands can be purchased in other countries that do not have trade embargos with the Communist dictatorship that currently owns Cuba.

I am not a smoker, but here in Miami, you can buy Cuban seed cigars, either factory direct or from dealers that can ship different brands.

I have used on several occasions ( for business purposes ) "Aficionado's Premium Cigars" of Hallandale, FL (954)431-9800. The lady that ownes the place's name is Elena (great help-service) they have a vague website www.cigarsdirect.com

dude im not going to start a pissing match but lots of members here will tell you i am somewhat of an athority on cuban cigars having over 2000 cuban cigars in my personal collection helps.

cohiba espendidos.......lol the most faked cigar in the world you expect me to believe that the same cigar that goes out of the front door for 350 is the same that you can get for 50 w/o the holligram...........thats the real bs!!!!!!!!!!!

when was the last time you were in havana? things have changed alot in the last 2 months.

you cannot bring back a box of cuban cigars back from the island without the official goventment reciept.......the i bought it from a street vendor story dosent work .......dont you think the cuban govt wants the fakes removed also ......and just a lil side note the cigars cant be woth more than 100 bux or you aint bringing them here

the ciar prices have doubled and tourism is down so sales are down.