CT Emissions

Black3

Fargan sneaky bastages!
Anyone in CT pass emissions with no cat? I'd be running stock injectors and factory chip. Any proven snake oil? Sucks, in one year I'll be exempt but, since the car failed two years ago I have to pass this time.

I tried without a cat sometime ago here in Arizona and barely failed. Put a stock cat on and sailed through. The dickaround factor says put a cat on and go.

Might want to also try a turbo tweak emissions chip. Only $25. I never tried to pass without a cat. Mine goes on the car every two years for about an hour.:biggrin:

I am due for my final emissons test in August.

If you want to borrow my community cat and downpipe/elbow and hardware let me know. Trying to pass without it is a waste of time

Wow, in California they won't even hook you up to the machine without a cat. Fail the visual instantly. :(

A hollow cat. passes the visual, however as Bison said it's not really worth trying.

I have one more test with each car, one due by April 8, the cat. comes off within a week after it goes on. :cool:

I also put an EGR pulser on it too, since my extender chip and my other car with the turbo tweak chip doesn't work the thing.

It lowers the NOX a lot using the EGR around 40% Duty Cycle above .55 Volts on the TPS as a trigger to the device.

That is after I unstick the carbon on it.

I suggest a chip with EGR pulsing in it for emissions as well as the cat. :smile:

If you want to borrow my community cat and downpipe/elbow and hardware let me know. Trying to pass without it is a waste of time

I appreciate the offer. I've actually got a cat but the douche that originally put the test pipe on used a **** clamp and kinked the test pipe onto the down pipe. Not a big deal for me to properly fix the problem I just thought it'd be easier to try to pass the way it is instead of me putting the cat on for 15 minutes just to take it back off. The car easily passed 2 out of 3 and came close on the 3rd 2 years ago and that was with no cat so I was more curious if anything in the tank would help.

Good news fellows , the 86's are now exempt. So 9 more months and the 87's will be exempt.

You really need the cat in place for the test and if your EGR is working , and Eric's emission chip, You should be good to go.

I do not have a working egr , I blocked all the ports when I had the heads done.

I had Eric's chip and a new cat , but the NOX was to high , SO I had to rise the FP just enough to get the NOX lowered but not raise the CO2. Took 3 tries but it passed and that was last year and Now do not have to worry about it any more. Unless they changes the laws.

Lets hope they don't change the laws in CT
I took my 87 for its last test in August 2010
Next time its up,it'll be 25 years old and all done.

I appreciate the offer. I've actually got a cat but the douche that originally put the test pipe on used a **** clamp and kinked the test pipe onto the down pipe. Not a big deal for me to properly fix the problem I just thought it'd be easier to try to pass the way it is instead of me putting the cat on for 15 minutes just to take it back off. The car easily passed 2 out of 3 and came close on the 3rd 2 years ago and that was with no cat so I was more curious if anything in the tank would help.

If it failed on CO you will have a hard time passing without a cat. Leaning will bring CO down but you will likely need to get it in open loop to get it leaned more than 14.7:1. NOx will increase when leaning.