Cruise isn't working. Need trouble shoot guide if possible

mario65

Hot Roddicus Supersonicus
87 T and it doesn't show a light on the dash or respond in any way.
Cruise fuse is good.

I was hoping to track it with a trouble shoot.

thanks for any help

If it helps, on the few I have worked on with the cruise issue its been the brake switch creating the issue. If the brake pedal glides down a little it de-activates the cruise. Sometimes a simple test it to try and activate the cruise pulling the brake pedal up while doing so.

W
If it helps, on the few I have worked on with the cruise issue its been the brake switch creating the issue. If the brake pedal glides down a little it de-activates the cruise. Sometimes a simple test it to try and activate the cruise pulling the brake pedal up while doing so.

Well Julio you fixed my car again

I didn't think that could have been the pedal since the cruise light won't come on. I tried it before I dug in to it and it was the pedal.

thanks

My cruise quit working a year ago. I tried everything- replaced the stalk on the steering column, replaced the electrical/vacuum servo on the driver's side fender, replaced the VSS, adjusted the brake switch, pulled up on the brake pedal as Razor suggested.....brought the car in to a mechanic today and he fixed it. He said the upper brake switch at the pedal was just a smigeon out of adjustment. He just pushed it in so the pedal would press on it more when the pedal was in the up position. It affected the vacuum line going to the vacuum servo on the fender. $58 well spent as I would not have thought to look there. Both brake switches looked fine to me.