CrossRoad... Restore or Retro

transformer

1 of the 1035
Hello all,
Got about 5 buicks total... and looking for some sound advice...
the 2 in question are Regal T Types and one of them is part of the 1035 limited's

Problem, the Limited is a rat trap.
rusted to H3LL frame, body rust, interior shot, doors gone, but she is the grandma'ed out split bench column shift 87 T limited with all the GN goodies (black trim, intercooler, blah blah blah)

Do I restore this sucker or transplant the drive train into a Roller 87 T type with everything half restored already... frame epoxy painted, body rotissery painted black, interior is the gray buckets floor shift T-type interior and it is in beautiful shape! but like I said... its missing the drivetrain...

now the easy thing is to put the Black 87 T together with the drivetrain from the Blue 87 T-limited...
but the Limited is one of those rare ones... SO any suggestions from you guys?
I think the ultimate goal is to fix one of them for resale...
Because the Other Project is the one I am interested... (LSX Regal)
4448.jpg

4442.jpg

here is the roller

this is the 87 regal T... The Gray interior is out of it but very nice and complete sitting in my basement...

so you get the idea of my project scope... either way its a large project thats going to take a little bit of time, but will be nice either way...

again this is not really what I want to concentrate on though... I have an 82 that is getting all kinds of speed goodies and a LSX motor (pro-touring car)...

Just thought I would see what all the purist thought before I acted...

Thanks

MattIMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

My opinion, For what it's worth....

The Turbo Limited should be restored. If not now, Sit on it until the economy/market catches up again to the true value of what this rare car is worth. Sure, There were only 1035 made in '87- But how many are left now?

Buy a drivetrain from this boards classifieds (there are a couple currently for sale if I'm not mistaken) and finish your other car first- It looks like it will be a beauty!

JMO- Your mileage may vary....

John

resto

Hello all,
Got about 5 buicks total... and looking for some sound advice...
the 2 in question are Regal T Types and one of them is part of the 1035 limited's

Problem, the Limited is a rat trap.
rusted to H3LL frame, body rust, interior shot, doors gone, but she is the grandma'ed out split bench column shift 87 T limited with all the GN goodies (black trim, intercooler, blah blah blah)

Do I restore this sucker or transplant the drive train into a Roller 87 T type with everything half restored already... frame epoxy painted, body rotissery painted black, interior is the gray buckets floor shift T-type interior and it is in beautiful shape! but like I said... its missing the drivetrain...

now the easy thing is to put the Black 87 T together with the drivetrain from the Blue 87 T-limited...
but the Limited is one of those rare ones... SO any suggestions from you guys?
I think the ultimate goal is to fix one of them for resale...
Because the Other Project is the one I am interested... (LSX Regal)
View attachment 78598

View attachment 78599

go to pats auto care.com web site they know buicks