Crossover Q

UncleDave

In the Booster Seat
What is the physical difference between an 84-5 exhaust crossover and an 86-7? I have one that's supposed to be off an '87 that I got with a "kit" for an I/C conversion, but it looks identical to the one I pulled off the '84... Just wondering because the '87 is in far better shape than my original '84... Thx

Interesting, nobody knows?? Am I to assume they are in fact the same, or that I was given the wrong one with the '87 stuff? :confused:

Cool, I had read somewhere that they were different. Thanks for setting it straight.

Since the 83 to 85 use the same headers and the 86-87 cars use different headers I'd think there'd be a difference. Boy I wish Eric was still on the board.:frown:

There is a slight bend difference between the 84-85 and the 86-87....But the major difference is the 84-85 ones are double walled and the 86-87 ones are only single wall. You can make either one work for either application so long as you're not afraid to do a little "tweakin" HTH ---Keith:cool:

Yeah, quite abit of tweaking.

Attachments

• 2009.jpg
    2009.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 100
Yeah, quite abit of tweaking.

Strangely enough....the last one I "retro-fitted" was the hot air crossover to fit on an IC car....and I had to "tweak" it open...opposite what your pic shows....assuming the one on the bottom is the 84-85 one, which it appears to be.