crossdrilled rotors what pads?

I use ceramics on my DD. Very little dusting....and complete silence. They stop as well as anything else I've ever had. GN still has stock crap.

Personally, I use the standard grade semi metallic and wash my car often.

I have used the Performance Friction (carbon fiber/ceramic?) pads once and they destroyed a brand new set of rotors. :mad: I won't use them again.

I also don't like the slotted and drilled rotors as they take away valuable braking surface area from the brake pads. But that's me.

I have heard many say they have had good results with the stock replacement ceramic.

I guess it's a personal choice. Good Luck!

I bought some cross drill and slotted rotors (from ebay) however when hot, they had had a grinding feeling like the pads were digging into the rotor's slots. It was like the rotors changed form when they got hot. I wasn't easy on them however I wasn't just standing on the brake pedal to push them on the limit either. Braking was ok but they warped and the grinding annoyed me so I took them off. I turned my stock rotors and put them back on. I have since read about cryo treated rotors from Powerslot and will give those a try. It seems track guys are having good success with cryo treated rotors. My theory is cross drilling and slotting cheap quality rotors is more for looks than performance. You get what you pay for....

In my experience, my gn, when i first got it, had the traditional brakes up front, and they stopped very well. i didnt like the brake dust, and they started to squeal as well, so i switched to crossdrilled rotors, and bosch ceramic pads, and the squealing went away, but the brake dust did NOT, PLUS, the braking was serverly hampered. My car stops like crap now. My buddy threw some of the bosch ceramics on his jeep, and noticed that his braking distance increased as well. My car stopped 10 times better, with the standard issue rotors and semi metallics. totally. I just now threw some normal pads and rotors back on my car yesterday, and as soon as it dries up around here, im taking it out to bed em in. will tell you if my performance is any different again. i bought the absolute cheapest rotors and pads from autozone. though, their REALLY cheap rotors i wanted, for the 87 buick regal, only fits on the front wheel drive 87 regals.

I have Summit cross-drilled rotors and Hawk HPS pads up front...before my suspension started to suck really bad, the rotor and pad combination helped my stopping distance a bit...only drawback is they squeek a little bit right at the end of the stop if you are only going slow. But hey, with all the other noises the car makes, whats another squeek gonna do?

Now sadly, with dryrotted bushings and balljoints that are ready for retirement, the car is all over the place when I stop...and the positive camber from the bad upper control arm bushings doesnt help my traction at all...or the fact that I'm missing a sway bar end link...

Poor car.

But any way you look at it, some people say one thing, some say something else. Its basically on a per-case basis. But here is my 2 cents...