Crooked seller Dre129

2toneNV

i was just wondering if anyone on here knew who this guy was. His name is Andrew Wrobel and he lives around the NW Chicago area. I bought the lower tubular a-arms that he had advertised back at the end of 2015.
I got the lower a-arms in November, but all I did when I received them was make sure they weren't damaged because the box itself was beat up when it arrived.
Flash forward to early May 2016 and this is when I finally got the time to start pulling the front end apart. I pulled my stock lower a-arms off to install the ones I bought. Once I took the DS arm to the car it didn't take long to see something was wrong. The arms that Dre129 described as Global West arms for a G-body have the same width mounting points(our cars have two different sizes). The diameter between the mounting points is also to narrow.
I have contacted Dre129(Andrew Wrobel) by email last week and have received no response. I sent him a PM and a couple emails. I also went through PayPal and filed a dispute, but since I have had them over 180 days I am not able to file a claim in PayPal.
I know where the guy works from the shipping label on the box and have a friend I met on the Hot Rod Power Tour that is in the Chicago PD that I was going to give the guys info to.
Let me know if anyone knows who this guy is or have any suggestions.

Last edited:
just an FYI sometimes (most times ) you have to open (bend or beat) the frame tabs out to install aftermarket lower control arms ..its just the way it is with aftermarket . have to do it with the spohns all the time

Do you have to heat them up some before bending them open?

nope, its thin plate usually just hit the ears with a hammer to spread them apart., bolts will pull them back

Pacecarta, even if I bent the ears in. The arm mounts are the same size so there is like 3/4 gap on the large side. Nothing is even close......

thought your issue was too tight , the ones ive seen the opening just neees a little persausion to squeeze the new bushings in .. if you have 3/4 gap where the large bushing should be then they are wrong arms maybe for an early A body or F body
i looked up his for sale ad (turbobuick.com/threads/brand-new-tubular-arms-sold.433251) and the part # he said they were is correct for the GN
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gls-cta-88lp/applications

also looks like you may have paid as gift and 180 days or 1 second paypal wont help you

did you contact global west and see what they have to say ..maybe they made them wrong or they know what they are from

Last edited:
I just found out about this post and your issue thru a screen shot from a friend. I don't go on this website anymore since I sold all my turbo 6 stuff and most guys here hate LS swapped GNs. I bought those arms in 2012/13 brand new from eBay from some speed shop for a gbody. If you would have contacted me right after you got them I would have given you a refund but 6+ months later what do you want me to do?

i was just wondering if anyone on here knew who this guy was. His name is Andrew Wrobel and he lives around the NW Chicago area. I bought the lower tubular a-arms that he had advertised back at the end of 2015.
I got the lower a-arms in November, but all I did when I received them was make sure they weren't damaged because the box itself was beat up when it arrived.
Flash forward to early May 2016 and this is when I finally got the time to start pulling the front end apart. I pulled my stock lower a-arms off to install the ones I bought. Once I took the DS arm to the car it didn't take long to see something was wrong. The arms that Dre129 described as Global West arms for a G-body have the same width mounting points(our cars have two different sizes). The diameter between the mounting points is also to narrow.
I have contacted Dre129(Andrew Wrobel) by email last week and have received no response. I sent him a PM and a couple emails. I also went through PayPal and filed a dispute, but since I have had them over 180 days I am not able to file a claim in PayPal.
I know where the guy works from the shipping label on the box and have a friend I met on the Hot Rod Power Tour that is in the Chicago PD that I was going to give the guys info to.
Let me know if anyone knows who this guy is or have any suggestions.
Its amazing you come on here to squak about a raw deal you got after what you did to hatdragracer, no sympathy for your situation. His "advice needed" thread pissed me off bad enough to remember it and make me chime in with my 2 cents, karma is alive and well :)

Its amazing you come on here to squak about a raw deal you got after what you did to hatdragracer, no sympathy for your situation. His "advice needed" thread pissed me off bad enough to remember it and make me chime in with my 2 cents, karma is alive and well :)

What happened to hatdragracer?

I would say just read the link that JM posted and form your own opinion, I know I did

First time I saw that post. You know what the sad thing about you is.....you look at what things that people write as God's truth. That deal between hatdragracer and myself was a friend to friend deal. The things he wrote about me buying a new vehicle while I owed him money was his perception. I actually downgraded to an older vehicle to get out of a new truck payment. His perception was a perception, but a false one at that. Also, I went all of 2014 unemployed so the reason for selling the car was so that bills and mortgage could be paid. You don't know him or me so do yourself a favor and keep your opinions to yourself. Hatdragracer and I settled up at the early part of 2015 on that. Of course with forums and social media...the resolution didn't get mentioned.

I just found out about this post and your issue thru a screen shot from a friend. I don't go on this website anymore since I sold all my turbo 6 stuff and most guys here hate LS swapped GNs. I bought those arms in 2012/13 brand new from eBay from some speed shop for a gbody. If you would have contacted me right after you got them I would have given you a refund but 6+ months later what do you want me to do?

Andrew,
I might not have taken the arms out to install on the car until now. But, I paid for parts that were allegedly for my car. These a-arms aren't for a G-body and even though it has been six months. The arms were in the bubble wrap up until two weeks ago and I would expect to receive my money back. At this point, I would probably not even discuss return shipping with you. I would just pay for them to be sent back.
I would be willing to look past this issue and issue an apology for the feedback if you would accept the arms back.
Let me know.

thought your issue was too tight , the ones ive seen the opening just neees a little persausion to squeeze the new bushings in .. if you have 3/4 gap where the large bushing should be then they are wrong arms maybe for an early A body or F body
i looked up his for sale ad (turbobuick.com/threads/brand-new-tubular-arms-sold.433251) and the part # he said they were is correct for the GN
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gls-cta-88lp/applications

also looks like you may have paid as gift and 180 days or 1 second paypal wont help you

did you contact global west and see what they have to say ..maybe they made them wrong or they know what they are from

I sent an email the Global West tech support, but haven't received a reply. I guess I will have to give them a call since they can't respond to an inquiry. Actually, even though they look like Globalwest. There isn't anything on the arms that identifies them as real Globalwest products.

After he sued you. I did keep my comments to myself for over a year until I saw you complain about not being treated right in a deal.
First time I saw that post. You know what the sad thing about you is.....you look at what things that people write as God's truth. That deal between hatdragracer and myself was a friend to friend deal. The things he wrote about me buying a new vehicle while I owed him money was his perception. I actually downgraded to an older vehicle to get out of a new truck payment. His perception was a perception, but a false one at that. Also, I went all of 2014 unemployed so the reason for selling the car was so that bills and mortgage could be paid. You don't know him or me so do yourself a favor and keep your opinions to yourself. Hatdragracer and I settled up at the early part of 2015 on that. Of course with forums and social media...the resolution didn't get mentioned.

Andrew,
I might not have taken the arms out to install on the car until now. But, I paid for parts that were allegedly for my car. These a-arms aren't for a G-body and even though it has been six months. The arms were in the bubble wrap up until two weeks ago and I would expect to receive my money back. At this point, I would probably not even discuss return shipping with you. I would just pay for them to be sent back.
I would be willing to look past this issue and issue an apology for the feedback if you would accept the arms back.
Let me know.

Let me know what Global West informs you of on the arms, if they can give you some sort dimensions to compare them too. Like I stated I bought the arms brand new in the box for a G Body from eBay in 2012 or 2013 and never got around to using them. That's why I listed them as G Body control arms since that's what I bought and paid for when I got them thru one of the various speed shops that sells on eBay. I sold my complete drive train along with a ton of aftermarket parts on here at the same time with no issues. I truly got pissed off when I saw a screen shot from a friend calling me crook because I didn't get back to you. Truth is I don't go on this website anymore since I sold all my Turbo 6 parts and the email you sent a email too I don't really use either that's why I never saw them. You have to look at it from a sellers stand point also this transaction happened 6+ months ago I truly can't don't anything. If you would have told me few weeks after then without a doubt I would have given you your money back and have you destroy the arms. I don't even remember the price I sold them for to your back in October 15'.

Let me know what Global West informs you of on the arms, if they can give you some sort dimensions to compare them too. Like I stated I bought the arms brand new in the box for a G Body from eBay in 2012 or 2013 and never got around to using them. That's why I listed them as G Body control arms since that's what I bought and paid for when I got them thru one of the various speed shops that sells on eBay. I sold my complete drive train along with a ton of aftermarket parts on here at the same time with no issues. I truly got pissed off when I saw a screen shot from a friend calling me crook because I didn't get back to you. Truth is I don't go on this website anymore since I sold all my Turbo 6 parts and the email you sent a email too I don't really use either that's why I never saw them. You have to look at it from a sellers stand point also this transaction happened 6+ months ago I truly can't don't anything. If you would have told me few weeks after then without a doubt I would have given you your money back and have you destroy the arms. I don't even remember the price I sold them for to your back in October 15'.

I can tell you exactly what I paid you for them. My car has not been in running condition since the middle of 2013. Also, I bought the arms from you because I thought it was a decent price and had been wanting to get some lower a-arms for several years. I had no plan on installing the arms until I started getting the car ready to have the motor and trans re-installed. Between work, kids and keeping my wife happy. I got to the point of installing them 2 weeks ago.
Whether you got pissed when you saw a screenshot or not. You didn't want to be around the weekend I took all of my front end off and realized what the hell I paid money for! Matter of fact I still have a car sitting in my driveway because I can't push it back in the garage after getting parts that weren't even designed for it.
How come after having the arms 2 or more years did you never happen to see if they fit? If they hadn't been checked for fitment, then why weren't they still in the original box!?!:rolleyes: