crappy 60' times

Scooter3800

rippin sh!t up!
Alright, I just got back from the track and I'm kinda happy/pissed. I leave on 5 lbs of boost and I'm getting 2.133 60 foot times with 275/60/15 MT ET Streets...somethings wrong here. I'm thinking either torque converter is too tight or I have an exhaust leak pre-turbo. I know the trans and converter are rebuilt specials from AAMCO :rolleyes: and I took the time to file down the mating surfaces on the manifolds/heads when I rebuilt the engine.

60' 2.133
330' 5.543
1/8 8.311 no MPH listed
1000' 10.704
1/4 12.709 @ 114.86

Judging by the MPH I'd say its making power, and the converter is definitely tight...converter was not locked. 20 lbs of boost on E85!

Any suggestions? time for a new converter and try some manifold gaskets?

Thanks,

Your mph is good so the power is there. You're either excessively rich down low, have pre turbo exhaust leaks or the converter is too tight, and to a lesser extent the taller tires are probably hurting the 60' somewhat. You probably have a combination of things conspiring against you. You're able to build 5lbs on the line which is good but something else is going on. Seafoam works well to check for exhaust leaks, and check exactly how many rpm it will hold before it pushes or spins the tires against the brakes. You can also just pop the inspection cover off the transmission to see what converter is in it pretty easily. My last car had a very similar combo to yours and I could only build 5lbs of boost with the ta49 before it would start to push. In a poor state of tune, corked up exhuast etc etc it still went 1.80's on dr's without much trouble off the footbrake.

here's what it "looks like when it's right".
Backing into the numbers:
115mph/11.50, 660'=7.30, 330'=4.66, 60'=1.55
As mentioned above:
Converter.
Spinning the tires, due to poor chassis reaction.
Engine tune off.

What are you doing for data logging?
That's where I'd start, along w/ some launch videos...