Crank sensor question

1RIPPEN6

I have a few questions about crank sensors. I removed mine because the car shut off while driving and had no spark or injectors firing. I bought a replacement the one to the right in the attached photo. The one to the left is the original I pulled off. First question, is the one to the left an original piece or is it a replacement? The old one was enclosed in a cage which would slide in the mounting bracket attached to the timing chain cover. Second question the new one does not fit exactly in the cage. I think I can modify the cage enough to make it work, has anyone else done this. The second photo shows the top view of the different width. I was told by one person that there was 3 generations of crank sensors each one getting progressively smaller. The next person told me the newer version is larger so which story is true.

12537109.jpg

top.jpg

i just replaced my OE crank sensor and it looks just like the one on the right.
they fit a little snug into the clamps, may be the one you had is thiner and the clamps needed to be in closer??

The one on the left is oem. The one on the right is the replacement but not direct. It requires a different bracket.

part# 12537113

a207929124883e42c42c62_m.JPG

I'm trying to replace one as well. I took the old sensor out and it has the clamps screwed together on it. The new sensor looks the same but no clamps. What fits the screws on the clamps so I can change it out? Thanks

I'm trying to replace one as well. I took the old sensor out and it has the clamps screwed together on it. The new sensor looks the same but no clamps. What fits the screws on the clamps so I can change it out? Thanks

Those are small torx screws.

It is a small torques but there is another problem. The sensor looks the same but there is a slight difference in the size of the sensor so it will get tight in the clamp. Unless it is a first generation sensor you will have to get a new bracket that bolts to the timing chain cover. Try the link above it is very informational and has pictures to explain. New bracket 10 dollars at autozone.

Appreciate the help I did finally find a T10 that would fit. My first T10 would not?? Anyway the sensor that came out was the same as the one that went in the bracket fit was perfect. Thanks again