Crank bolt - where to buy a new one?

syclone98

Probably a dumb question but does anybody know where I can buy a new one?

I'm in the process of putting my motor back together and as I install each additional piston it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep turning it over to make sure the pistons aren't binding up.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

Does anybody happen to know that dimensions of the bolts? Napa Auto has several different sizes of Grade 8 bolts so if I could find out the size I'd need I might be able to go that route instead.

You can use a 12" Cresent wrench (adjustable wrench) and tighten it over the end of the crank snout. When you turn the wrench it will catch the woodruff key and turn the crank. They also make a crank socket that slides over the crank snout and has a keyway in it. Try this: JEGS High Performance - 555-80742

I use an old balancer and pulley from a NA Buick V-6. Get one from a 1983 and newer motor as those years have a solid balancer with no rubber band to slip. Most of the pulleys are large diameter and have three groves which gives you plenty of grip.

Probably a dumb question but does anybody know where I can buy a new one?

I'm in the process of putting my motor back together and as I install each additional piston it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep turning it over to make sure the pistons aren't binding up.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

GBodyParts.com Online

we have used as well.