CPT60 BB Turbo?

mscalc

Anyone have any experience with this turbo. I have a 87 GN with 3" THDP, Stock Converter, 30lb injectors, Dutt. Neck Stock IC, Hooker 2 1/2 exhaust, and looking for a replacement for a stock turbo.

I have the CPT 61 BB. I like it. Spools great with 2800 stall. Good top end power on stock block. room to grow. Good potential for quick street set-up IMO.:smile:

I had a CPT60 BB turbo & was pretty happy with it. It spooled up very well with the stock D5 converter but will need more fuel than your stock injectors. I ran it with 36# blue tops, TT chip & an Alky kit.

I have it(CPT61), its great, you will love it. I have a 3200 stall and its lightning quick spool up, it SCARES people on the street, its LOUD.

I had a CPT 66 BB with a stock converter for awhile, ran awesome with alky.
I have recently gone to a GTK-850 BB from Turbonetics and can't wait to see how this thing is on the street.
I would think about what your goals are with your car and then call Jack Cotton, he will set you straight.

Bryan

I had a CPT 66 BB with a stock converter for awhile, ran awesome with alky.
I have recently gone to a GTK-850 BB from Turbonetics and can't wait to see how this thing is on the street.
I would think about what your goals are with your car and then call Jack Cotton, he will set you straight.

Bryan

Bryan,

How did the 66 spool with the stock converter? And what other mods did you have done on the motor? Sig?

My 66 w/.85 housing spooled sloooow with a 3200 lock up converter in it. Others have said they had no problem but mine was a pig.

TA-60 50lb injectors Turbo Tweak Chip.

X2

my old set up 2.5" pipes for FMIC, 50's, chipped, and a ta-60 with a huge 3600 stall = there was no lag,
the boost matched the pedal, if that makes sense. Good times :)

I think stall would be more important of an investment then a dual ball bearing for a 60 sized turbo or smaller.
Then of course your problem is traction, it was cool a fawk to be foot breaking 14psi on the street, with BFG street tires though.
Smoke shows and skating were too easy ;)

DS

My 66 is a ball bearing unit. Spools like a stocker with my new converter. The 61 spooled awsome with a pro-torque 3200 stall. They are both ball bearing units. The pro-torque was way laggy with the 66.

I just installed a ball bearing 67-Ptrim w/ .63 housing on a car with a 3200 stall. He has 60lb Inj, 340 pump hot wired, Alky, and a front mount, mildly ported heads, & steel mains. The car launches hard but when that turbo lights it's all over the road at 20psi. Stock suspension stock wheels and tires, stock shocks, no X brace nothing all stock. :eek: Should run low 11's High 10's if it hooks at a track.

I just installed a ball bearing 67-Ptrim w/ .63 housing on a car with a 3200 stall. He has 60lb Inj, 340 pump hot wired, Alky, and a front mount, mildly ported heads, & steel mains. The car launches hard but when that turbo lights it's all over the road at 20psi. Stock suspension stock wheels and tires, stock shocks, no X brace nothing all stock. :eek: Should run low 11's High 10's if it hooks at a track.

PT 61 does well.....I know you liked it Brent ;)

Bryan,

How did the 66 spool with the stock converter? And what other mods did you have done on the motor? Sig?

I think the CPT 66 BB spooled great with the stock converter, mine was a P trim with a .63 AR . When I put the Art Carr 3400-3600 converter in I had Insta-Spool. It went from vacuum to 28 psi in about a half-second.
As far as mods at the time of the stock converter, Fast XFI, 72 lb inj, Alky, 3" DP with external gate. The engine was unopened at the time. I decided to go a little wild with it after the Midwest Challenge last year.( eight hours towing the car one-way, blew a HG at half track on the first run!!!:mad: - still ran a 12.58 while oiling the track)

Bryan

My 66 is a ball bearing unit. Spools like a stocker with my new converter. The 61 spooled awsome with a pro-torque 3200 stall. They are both ball bearing units. The pro-torque was way laggy with the 66.

I think the combination of a Q trim and a .85 AR with the pro-torque was the laggy part. I would bet that a P trim .63 AR with that converter would have rocked. Just my .02

Bryan